Tag Heuer Aquaracer with SELLITA SW 200 Movement Autowinder issues

Hi all

I need some advice with a TAG Heuer Aquaracer watch that has issues with the autowinding mechanism.  Its fitted with a SELLITA SW 200 movement

This is one of those doing a favour for someone that is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare.  This is the one that the seconds hand fell off its pipe when I first stripped it down.

When the watch came in the auto winging mech did not function, it was doing the common helicopering of the rotor when hand wound and would not auto wind.

I stripped the autowind module, cleaned it and lubricated the reversing wheel with the recommended Lubeta v105 and once reassembled it no longer did its impression of a helicopter so job done I thought, but no it still does not autowind if you look at the hastily recorded video below you will see that there appears no connection between the final gear in the autowinding module and the Ratchet wheel but both look to be in good condition, so I am a little lost in finding the problem.  

Sorry for the poor quality video but can anyone see anything obviously wrong 

It appears that the petals on the pinion are not meshing with the teeth on the ratchet wheel, but to my eyes they don't look damaged or worn. 

Anyone got any thoughts on this

22 minutes ago, Paul80 said:

…It appears that the petals on the pinion are not meshing with the teeth on the ratchet wheel, but to my eyes they don't look damaged or worn…

That‘s how I see it too! The video is great!

The only possible cause left is the wheel or pinion being loose on the arbour. It seems to be a circular witness mark there.

A7246973-F307-481E-B509-12BAC2AA534F.jpeg

Edited by Kalanag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well spotted, that was exactly what the problem was

A few careful hammer blows and my staking set soon tightened it up enough to now work.

Did I mention this movement was cursed.

Put the Auto wind bridge back on the movement and confirmed that the autowind will now work started to refit the rotor and suddenly the screw went loose first thought was (dam it) or words to that effect I have broke the screw but no if only it was that simple

The screw goes into a threaded collar on the A/W bridge and that had broken off. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Fortunately Cousins have them and they are not too expensive. and I will order a new wheel as well just to be safe.

Don't think I will ever touch another TAG again. GRRRRRRRRRRR

And to cap it all the repair I did to the second hand which popped off its tube when I removed the hands didn't hold so I have got to replace that as well and the only ones I can find are £110 a set GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Did I say I am never going to touch a TAG again

• Confused 1