Birch & Gaydon Land and Water 1935-38

Hi folks, I have the above trench watch, but I've a couple of questions about the watches themselves.  The movement is a Zenith with  a serial number starting 311, dating it to between 35 and 38.  I know the hands are not original and I'm on the lookout for suitably aged lumed cathedral type hands as I believe these are similar to what was on it originally, but I don't know what diameter they need to be.  Can anyone help?

That was the first question...

Secondly, does anyone know if the birch and Gaydon ever came with a cushion case as standard?  Mine obviously has a cushion case and I doubt this is original although the movement does fit perfectly and the case is also a Zentish stamped case, so I don't know what id going on with it.  I've tried to find this info in more ways that you'd believe, but I'm coming up empty handed.  I've even been on to Zenith, but hey want me to sent the watch away before they will be in a position to tell me anything.  Any info would be gratefully received.

Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.

Frankie

9 hours ago, frankiethebear2002 said:

Hi folks, I have the above trench watch, but I've a couple of questions about the watches themselves.  The movement is a Zenith with  a serial number starting 311, dating it to between 35 and 38.  I know the hands are not original and I'm on the lookout for suitably aged lumed cathedral type hands as I believe these are similar to what was on it originally, but I don't know what diameter they need to be.  Can anyone help?

That was the first question...

Secondly, does anyone know if the birch and Gaydon ever came with a cushion case as standard?  Mine obviously has a cushion case and I doubt this is original although the movement does fit perfectly and the case is also a Zentish stamped case, so I don't know what id going on with it.  I've tried to find this info in more ways that you'd believe, but I'm coming up empty handed.  I've even been on to Zenith, but hey want me to sent the watch away before they will be in a position to tell me anything.  Any info would be gratefully received.

Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.

Frankie

Hello and welcome  Frank or should we call you Princess Leia. Pictures mate pictures. This is something we always ask for, takes the guesswork out of the question. Dial, caseback, and side shots if you think it will help. When asking for identification on movements then good photos of numbers letters symbols etc and keyless works components help with this as they are quite specific to manufacturers and calibers.  When repairing and asking questions then supply good macro shots of both sides of the movement. To answer your first question Frank, visit Ranfft's site. Here you will find details and pictures of thousands of calibers from many manufacturers. Details will include manufacture dates, variations, family similarities and differences. And also stem type, mainspring type and size. And the watch hand hole diameters that you seek answers to my learned padawan. 

Thanks and apologies for posting invthe wrong section.

I'll check the site out and will post pics ASAP. I came across this site almost by accident and wasn't prepared for joining or getting involved. I'll post detailed pictures as soon as I'm able.

This site is remarkable and I think its going to be invaluable to me in the future.

Thanks for your assistance  with this.

Frankie