Looing for a new crown for Seiko Slimdate 841990

You might never find the part number or the actual part but if you look on Cousins UK they have a large selection of generic crowns for pretty much any size or style.

BTW the 6 digits number is the date / serial number, not the case reference.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply, this is an early 60's Seiko, some models had a reference number of 6 numbers: below another example of the ref 841990.

https://wristsushi.proboards.com/thread/11649/arrival-seikomatic-slimdate-jewels-diashok

I've looked at Cousins, but the right size crown unfortunately has too small a tap size: 0,80 mm instead of 0,90 mm.
So far no luck.

Edited by GaspardColigny

Around 1964 or 65 is when Seiko went to the caliber-model.  See if there is a Seiko from this era that closely resembles what you have and search for a crown based on that.  

I have a couple of 8305 and 8306 watches.  My fuzzy memory is that they all use the same crown across everything I have.  Not much difference other than G in the part number for gold and W for white (silver)

Could you measure the case size and I will compare it to the several models I have.  That way I can give you a case number to look up.  I have two distinct sizes in my collection. 

17 hours ago, bklake said:

Around 1964 or 65 is when Seiko went to the caliber-model.  See if there is a Seiko from this era that closely resembles what you have and search for a crown based on that.  

I have a couple of 8305 and 8306 watches.  My fuzzy memory is that they all use the same crown across everything I have.  Not much difference other than G in the part number for gold and W for white (silver)

Could you measure the case size and I will compare it to the several models I have.  That way I can give you a case number to look up.  I have two distinct sizes in my collection. 

Thanks, I will measure the cases and get back to you!