Stainless steel watch hands with white lume

Hi, Does anyone have experience of hands described as having white lume? Specifically the lumed dauphine hands on Cousins. Is the glow colour also white? I asked Cousins but I got a snotty answer that the lume colour was in the description. In my limited experience I have only seen lume glow as green or blue. Thanks, Steve.

I avoid talking to Cousins for anything as they’ll take the time to give a snotty reply, but can’t take the time to answer a genuine question.

To answer you, I got a set of SS dauphine hands from them this week. It is white in colour but glows green.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbyleveldt said:

I avoid talking to Cousins for anything as they’ll take the time to give a snotty reply, but can’t take the time to answer a genuine question.

To answer you, I got a set of SS dauphine hands from them this week. It is white in colour but glows green.

Thank you, I appreciate that very much. Steve.

5 hours ago, gbyleveldt said:

I have to come to Cousin's defense. I have only communicated with them via emails and they always reply promptly and courteously. 

Regarding the colour of the lume, if you check their website, there is a photo of the lumes glowing in the dark and I think that speaks a thousand words.

5 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

I have to come to Cousin's defense. I have only communicated with them via emails and they always reply promptly and courteously. 

Regarding the colour of the lume, if you check their website, there is a photo of the lumes glowing in the dark and I think that speaks a thousand words.

Really, I must say that I haven't seen that photo although I've been on the site many times. I will have another look. When I asked them what the glow colour was and they then said the colour is in the description would lead anyone to believe that the glow was white.

10 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Maybe you lucky, or maybe I lack serious communication skills but I've had 2 snotty interactions with them for simply asking a question. Maybe I was just unlucky enough to have the same dude reply and you weren't; guess we'll never know.

Not trying to be a dick, but can you maybe point to the photo? I'm on their site and I'm not seeing it but will freely admit to being blind at times.

These are the hands I bought, might be similar to what OP is referring to?

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/dauphine-pairs-luminous?code=H49830

59 minutes ago, gbyleveldt said:

Not trying to be a dick, but can you maybe point to the photo? I'm on their site and I'm not seeing it but will freely admit to being blind at times.

l33021_colour.jpg.786b7eab990395704181687b4ae6a097.jpg

This was taken from Cousin's webpage of luminous compounds.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/luminous-compound-refills

1 hour ago, gbyleveldt said:

Maybe you lucky, or maybe I lack serious communication skills but I've had 2 snotty interactions with them for simply asking a question. Maybe I was just unlucky enough to have the same dude reply and you weren't; guess we'll never know.

I guess sometimes when someone has been doing the same job for a long time, they tend to forget that a "genuine question" with an obvious answer is not a "stupid question", and that every customer has to be treated with equal respect. I have to keep reminding myself of that frequently too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gbyleveldt said:

Those are the hands I intend to order but the slightly shorter set. Looking forward to seeing the green glow 🙂