57 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Got this as a sweetener on a job lot.  Nothing on the Internet about Oriso.  F in a shield under the dial, nothing under the balance. Doesn't run but the balance swings well when blown, hopefully just a service, it is filthy. 

20220525_200002.jpg

20220525_172930.jpg

20220525_172858.jpg

Screenshot_20220525-201028_Chrome.jpg

Oris used some silly variations of their name but this movement isn't anything like i have. They are always marked Oris and if a variation then OWC in a sheid the shape of a bat. Dial looks a bit pitted mate, do you think it will clean up ?

52 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I should of added the dial side photo. Says 294 but looks more like a 335 _ 8. 

20220526_065816.jpg

The train bridges and pallet cock is different rich but this may be a ranfft error or a 294 alteration at a later or earlier manufacture. The key less works are showing the same as yours a 294 or very similar. You are showing a broken yoke on yours. ☹

23 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

The train bridges and pallet cock is different rich but this may be a ranfft error or a 294 alteration at a later or earlier manufacture. The key less works are showing the same as yours a 294 or very similar. You are showing a broken yoke on yours. ☹

It does look very much like the 335 on the ranfft database. The dial plate is flatter on yours but everything else seems to match up. ?

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

30 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

It does look very much like the 335 on the ranfft database. The dial plate is flatter on yours but everything else seems to match up. ?

Yes I've noticed the broken yoke. 

Nice little movement 

6 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Yes I've noticed the broken yoke. 

Nice little movement 

Morning mate. How you doin ? I couldnt quite match up as there seems to be differences on both calibres. The 335 does look to be the closest, although yours seems to have a flat dial plate where as the 335 has a bevel around  the edge. Strange ? Movement manufacturers eh 🤷‍♂️ never straight forward.  I hope you have some luck tracking down the yoke 🤞. I had a joblot of around 35 turn up yesterday morning, some real pigs among them by the look. I'm going to be very busy lol. And some toys coming tomorrow, its about time i got my finger out and did some repair 😂

1 minute ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Morning mate. How you doin ? I couldnt quite match up as there seems to be differences on both calibres. The 335 does look to be the closest, although yours seems to have a flat dial plate where as the 335 has a bevel around  the edge. Strange ? Movement manufacturers eh 🤷‍♂️ never straight forward.  I hope you have some luck tracking down the yoke 🤞. I had a joblot of around 35 turn up yesterday morning, some real pigs among them by the look. I'm going to be very busy lol. And some toys coming tomorrow, its about time i got my finger out and did some repair 😂

Get some pictures posted. Good luck.  The 335 does look the closest. 

2 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Get some pictures posted. Good luck.  The 335 does look the closest. 

I will do. At a brief glance some of them look like total shite. I did get a bit carried away on sunday night, i had money burning a hole in my pocket. I'm hoping the stock of around 1000 crystals some staffs and stems and the few vintage tools ive bought are a much better buy. 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Where do I find parts sheets? 

I usually look on the Documents Downloads in Cousins https://www.cousinsuk.com/document

or here https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/files

but there aren't and 29* or 33* movements listed.

The Swiss part number for the setting lever spring+bridge is 445

You can find them listed on ebay for the above movements.

image.png.ac9503a40e6bd07fb3efdc5caf1f90e6.png

Edited by mikepilk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I think i may have got just a little carried away. I did actually have about 25 of those already. Ive just had a good look through, there are about 10 that i havent  heard of.

Post them.  Carried away, I never do that,  Hehe. I have lots of old, ladies watches, tiny, no one wants them any more. 

11 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Post them.  Carried away, I never do that,  Hehe. I have lots of old, ladies watches, tiny, no one wants them any more. 

This is the worst of the bunch and about as basic as a mechanical watch can get.

20220526_215208.jpg

20220526_215056.jpg

17 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

This is the worst of the bunch and about as basic as a mechanical watch can get.

20220526_215208.jpg

20220526_215056.jpg

Will i try to service and repair it ? Of course i will because thats what we do.

17 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

20220526_215208.jpg

20220526_215056.jpg

Will i try to service and repair it ? Of course i will because thats what we do.

And this is probably the best.  A gorgeous Venus with beautiful lugs, i said LUGS. She had a few issues, one of which is a broken balance staff top pivot, which I'm hoping isnt going to be a bugger to find. Or will be setting me about learning to repivot. But she needs to be working, like all beautiful women. That sounded wrong but you know what i mean 🙃

20220527_082302.jpg

20220527_082209.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

58 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

20220526_215208.jpg

20220526_215056.jpg

And this is probably the best.  A gorgeous Venus with beautiful lugs, i said LUGS. She had a few issues, one of which is a broken balance staff top pivot, which I'm hoping isnt going to be a bugger to find. Or will be setting me about learning to repivot. But she needs to be working, like all beautiful women. That sounded wrong but you know what i mean 🙃

20220527_082302.jpg

20220527_082209.jpg

Lovely watch, which calibre is it?