Zenith movement says 23 jewels but cannot see any

i have this vintage Zenith cal 2562 PC which as you can see says 23 jewels on the rotor but if you look at the train wheel bridge it just appears to be drilled metal pivot holes such as you would find on a low end movement, every picture I find on the net shows a jewelled movement, i wondered if i have an early movement and they upgraded it either way could anyone throw any light on the subject or have i got an early fake perhaps because it doesnt look great quality for a Zenith.IMG_9617.thumb.PNG.fb4ff82bf10a22424cd22c21e7560b18.PNG

IMG_9618.PNG

16 hours ago, Nibbler said:

Could be the Automatic winding weight is from another watch?

yes i thought of that although it is the correct movement.

16 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Agree with Nibbler,  just because it say 23 jewels on the rotor  and the plates tell a different storey one would conclude its from a different watch.  Have a look at "ranfft  Zenith 2562PC"  t5o see the other family members ,

I have attached the sheet for the movement.    

3563_Zenith 2552PC,2562PC (1).pdf 3.48 MB · 1 download

I have had a look at rranft and all the data sheets on cousins, but no matter what the variant they all show jewelled movements. I am just wondering why this one is not.

52 minutes ago, quantieme said:

yes i thought of that although it is the correct movement.

I have had a look at rranft and all the data sheets on cousins, but no matter what the variant they all show jewelled movements. I am just wondering why this one is not.

I think i have solved the riddle , my bridge appears to be from a 2572PC which was unjewelled.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 2:31 PM, watchweasol said:

Ah  Good problem solved. always an answer if you can dig deep enough.   They concentrate the mind these little problems.

yes, just takes a little bit of detective work, easy really ........... lol