Omega Cosmic 752 Movement Stuck in Case - What would your approach be?

kaan

Hi everyone,

I have experience with Cosmic cases, they simply release the movement by sliding it up by the stem as seen in the photo

However in this case, it's like something is stuck inside the rail, the movement wiggles easy, yet with no force it slides up, something is preventing upwards movement

My ideas:

1) Maybe rust, flood the basement with an anti-rust solution that doesn't damage components and keep working

2) (Better) Save the hands, gently attempt to release the dial from the screws, it appears to be wiggling too, not tightly screwed, then get a better view after the dial is out of the way too

(There are also signs of previous trials, so I suspect the previous guy gave up and sold this to me, I bought the watch for the bracelet, so everything after this point is just a bonus)

IMG_0424.jpg

Edited by kaan

Hi  I take it this is a one piece case and the movement comes out through the front, or does the back remove and it has the case lugs in and once removed the movement lifts out. un usual for them to jam. have you a picture of the back and sides for reference.   cheers

we need a slightly better photograph than what we have now? Notice in the section that I've snipped out and where the lines are there is a section recessed to allow you to look farther into the case? With a lot of Omega frontloading watches there's a locking ring that needs to be rotated. In other words you have to have an access to get the ring exactly like this case has. Better lighting and you should build to see the locking ring rotate and the movement will come out.

Omega l ring.JPG

On 4/27/2022 at 4:13 PM, kaan said:

Hi everyone,

I have experience with Cosmic cases, they simply release the movement by sliding it up by the stem as seen in the photo

However in this case, it's like something is stuck inside the rail, the movement wiggles easy, yet with no force it slides up, something is preventing upwards movement

My ideas:

1) Maybe rust, flood the basement with an anti-rust solution that doesn't damage components and keep working

2) (Better) Save the hands, gently attempt to release the dial from the screws, it appears to be wiggling too, not tightly screwed, then get a better view after the dial is out of the way too

(There are also signs of previous trials, so I suspect the previous guy gave up and sold this to me, I bought the watch for the bracelet, so everything after this point is just a bonus)

IMG_0424.jpg

Unusual.  Caseback doesn’t remove ?. Can we have a look. I did come across a Lucern that had a false case back wìth a design emblem and with hexagon facets to make it look like a screwback it completely fooled me at first. The split case seam was so fine I almost missed it.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

No sadly it doesn't remove, although I think the previous guy tried, as can be seen from the marks - the middle part looks as if it could be removed, the outer part doesn't remove

I've looked inside and can't see any additional locking element

I'll keep looking for an additional locking ring, because either it exists or I'm in a bad situation

IMG_0448.thumb.jpg.a80ceaf4f7f3b8aef61b4cb88e55f934.jpg

I think it's the same design in this video:

Let's mark this one as an amateur stupidity, the issue was that when I pulled the crown, it got into the tube like 0.2mm, and even though it appeared like that the male stem was clear, it wasn't so just pushing it inside let the movement slide

So when I just pushed the stem in, the movement slided no problem