Hi everyone is someone out there willing to help me learn watch repair have been trying to learn on my own but I'm finding it a bit difficult the likes putting a new balance staff. Have done the British horological institution but courses are distance A really enjoy it a love taking things apart and putting it together just want free training is willing I live in the UK North Somerset.

Watchmaking is a dying trade no one wants to serve a long apprenticeship these days. What with the economic  situation people are reluctant to take on an apprentice. I don't know Weston Supermare  at all.  Are there any watch repairs there if so have you tried them. I expect you will need to travel. Can't the B H I help you. Have you advertised yourself? When I started I did 5 years as an apprentice then another 2 years as an improver. Don't take this the wrong way but I think you are trying to run before you can walk, You don't go near balance staff replacement until you learn all the basic skills of repairing watches, you should start of with basic low grade movements and work your way up. I cringe sometimes when I read on here that some member has started by taking an automatic movement apart and haven't even learned what the parts are called. I know Bath in Somerset is a very good place when it comes to antiques such as watches and clocks, it might pay you to go there and try the shops or even Bristol.