crown for cheap Chinese dive watch case

Chaps, I'm sorry to post this here. I know this maybe frowned on, but my son wants me to make a kinda bespoke watch for him (so NH36 movement, ordered a nice plain dial and hands)

however the crown supplied is not threaded, In fact being a noob I butchered the living daylight out of it thinking the little stubby stem that was in it would unscrew (nope).

So my question is, the NH36 comes with a nice long spare stem (as well as the one fitted with the plastic crown on it) does anyone know where I might get a suitable crown

and what exactly I need to order????

Thanks again for your time. 

Dunc J 

image.png.3b187edec9aeb29b3636aeb4dc96f276.png

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Certainly looks like a ring that needs unscrewing in that photo. It definitely looks like a thread above the castellated ring as well. Separate to the caseback ring thread. It even looks to be a smaller diameter. I would expect that. Once undone out of its thread, it should fall out of the case. Would it be possible to make a tool shaped like a letter H with one side of the H engaging the castellations in the ring and the other side of the H for you to be able to unscrew it using your hand? Making a tool with 6 'legs' to pick up all of the castellations would be a labour of love.
    • Can anyone advise how to remove the crystal from a Vertex DD case ?  I think I need to unscrew an internal retainer ?  It definitely isn't just pushing out.
    • Alright, the job is done. I first filed down the stubs flat. I then used a Proxxon hand drill first with a 0.5mm bit to score a point to work from, then a 1mm drill bit to properly drill out some lug holes. I just went slowly, checking the depth as I went. I drilled the inside of the lugs, leaving the outsides unblemished. I was worried that drilling at an angle might be a problem, but it turned out fine. Lug holes don't need to be very accurate, so it was actually easy to create holes to easily accommodate a spring bar. The result is a 'good enough' outcome that worked for me. Thanks for your help everyone, loving the hobby so far. I learn so much with each project.
    • Welcome to the forum. Yep not a cheap hobby by any means , Ali Express, the Chinese Amazon has some decent tools but should ask the members their thoughts before purchase.  A little reading to help you along. TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf
    • Welcome to the forum, enjoy.