Cricket with an unusual three-arm spring and other interesting stuff

I picked up another cricket movement for pretty cheap.  Broken staff which I have already restaffed.  Taking it apart I discovered that the dial feet are held in by CAM screws.  All of my other crickets used tensioner screws.  The other difference that I have noticed so far is the three arms spring.  This one is screwed in while all of the others have tabs (I made a simple tool to deal with that spring).

Wondering if this is an older Cal 120 or newer.  Both labeled the same.

2022-03-11 10_04_39-IMG_8224.JPG ‎- Photos.png

• 3 weeks later...

On to another Cricket yesterday.  The Cricket disease has metastasized...lol.

While putting the timing barrel arbor into the barrel after cleaning the mainspring, it sprouted wings and took flight.  I heard it and after searching my bench, decided it must have fallen BEHIND my bench.  This bench has a full back...all the way to the ground--no easy access.

No problema!  Yo tengo mas.  So, I got my Cricket graveyard bones and grabbed a barrel arbor and installed it.  All is well, no?

Well, near the end of the assembly, when installing the ratchet wheel on the timing barrel, the screw did not fit!!!!!

What?????

Oh...let me back up...after putting the barrel together with the substitute arbor, I got a long string and attached a strong magnet and hung it over the desk sweeping back and forth. Yup...got my arbor back.  But since I installed the other one, I just put this one in the bone pile.

Anyway, I had to swap the arbors to get back to working again.  This is a mystery.  I will research further to see if the screw in the bone pile is different (shorter).

The watch is together on the bench...running...testing.