Stuhrling Targa 24 Pro removing dial.

Has anyone worked on a Stuhrling Targa 24 and knows how to remove the dial. It appears to be riveted to the tachymeter ring and will not come out thru the back of the watch. Do I have to remove the bezel and crystal to get the dial out or do I grind off the 4 rivets shown in the picture to remove the dial. Afraid if I grind off the rivets it will compromise the dial and ring from being flush with each other. Any help is appreciated if you know how this beast comes apart. The bezel seems really stuck and probably would need a good bezel remover to get it off without messing up the watch's finish. 

Stuhr2.jpg

Stuhr1.jpg

4 hours ago, Craig2022 said:

Do I have to remove the bezel and crystal to get the dial out 

Of course, it's a front loader case, your is the most often asked question by beginners. Enter "front loader" in the search box top right. 

It was a front loader, after some trepidation over scratching it, I took some painters tape and masked around the bezel then carefully took a razor blade and lifted the bezel until I could fit a snap back removal tool under it and pried it off. As you can see in the picture the crystal came off with the bezel and I can now reattach the chronograph hand. All of the dozens of watches I have dealt with the dial always came out the back of the watch. I am not a beginner, but certainly still a neophyte at this. So if anyone encounters this watch with loose hands, you have to remove the bezel and not the back to reattach them. Also, before anyone does comment, yes I do have a case press to put the bezel back on the watch. 

Stuhr3a.jpg

16 hours ago, jdm said:

Of course, it's a front loader case, your is the most often asked question by beginners. Enter "front loader" in the search box top right. 

Was the answer, but more detail would have been nice. Sorry this was not as exciting as replacing the drive spring in an automatic movement. 

38 minutes ago, Craig2022 said:

Was the answer, but more detail would have been nice.

What could be better than the tens of posts that document how to deal with similar issues? It's not that answering in full details everytime a the most common question adds value to this forum, and one person post cannot be a much as complete. However based on your input we will have soon a pinned topic on the subject of front loader cases.

38 minutes ago, Craig2022 said:

Sorry this was not as exciting as replacing the drive spring in an automatic movement. 

Please don't assume that the forum has any snobism here toward the type of watch or work discussed, because there is none and I think that's good.

1 hour ago, jdm said:

What could be better than the tens of posts that document how to deal with similar issues? It's not that answering in full details everytime a the most common question adds value to this forum, and one person post cannot be a much as complete. However based on your input we will have soon a pinned topic on the subject of front loader cases.

Please don't assume that the forum has any snobism here toward the type of watch or work discussed, because there is none and I think that's good.

Thanks I was just looking for some confirmation or details since I never ran into a dial being riveted to the tachymeter ring. Was afraid of boogering up a nice watch I wanted to wear even if it was a cheap one. Sort of looks like a Breitling Bentley, like I am sure that was not on purpose 🙂