watch hands..

mrcat

hi guys,
new member here.. 

bought a new watch the other week at a decent price.. it's the Alpina Startimer AL-371NN4S6...

however, the hands are a bit dark, and I'd like them to be the same colour (white) as the newer AL-372N4S6..

I've emailed various watch repairs and even Alpina themselves, but no luck...

as I'd like them swapped over, or even painted..i think replacing them would be the best option, but anyone know which ones to buy? I'm just after the hour and minute hand (and possibly the second if i can get an exact match)..

if not, any tips on painting them, please?

or is this anyone on here would consider doing for me?

thanks

28 minutes ago, mrcat said:

I've emailed various watch repairs and even Alpina themselves, but no luck...

I'm not surprised, despite these labelled "Swiss made" and not cheap in reality they are mass produced, with little, if any, attention to the availability of parts to the general public.

28 minutes ago, mrcat said:

if not, any tips on painting them, please?

Be assured that painting would produce terrible results, unacceptable by any standard. You can however look for generic hands to fit what I believe is the used module, Ronda Z60 quartz chronograph, hands sizes 1.5, 0.9, 0.25mm

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jdm said:

I'm not surprised, despite these labelled "Swiss made" and not cheap in reality they are mass produced, with little, if any, attention to the availability of parts to the general public.

Be assured that painting would produce terrible results, unacceptable by any standard. You can however look for generic hands to fit what I believe is the used module, Ronda Z60 quartz chronograph, hands sizes 1.5, 0.9, 0.25mm

thanks very much for the update.. 🙂 and would you know of a decent place to buy the hands from?

I'd like these style of hour and minute hands...I'd be happy to use my existing second hand.. 🙂

image.png.994a66df49e1e0b60514a9e66d4066d4.png

On 2/7/2022 at 1:28 PM, mrcat said:

I'm looking for some white hands to fit my Alpina startimer,

If you take the time to read the topic I had linked above you will be presented with the names of the most used online suppliers, I don't believe anything new can be added here - there's no secret place for parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jdm said:

If you take the time to read the previous 5 pages of this same topic you will be presented with the names of the most used online suppliers, I don't believe anything new can be added here - there's no secret place for parts.

thanks, I've had a look at most of the links, and can't find any suitable hands.. 😞