Workbench build - Measurements

Building a workbench based on the IKEA Skarsta/Trotten frame. Replacing the current tabletop with another that i have routed so that armrests can be mounted and a good ergonomic working position is achieved.

Looking for measurements on current setups as marked in the picture. Any help is much appreciated but preferably either measurement 1, 2 & A or 1, 2 & B.

Have had no luck trying to find these measurements online.

Thank you!

watchmaker table.jpg

I just made myself a table-top mounting work surface, because it was simpler and cheaper than routeing a table top and suspending the armrests, but the dimensions will be the same. I took them from a professional desk.

1 = 280mm

2 = 120mm (the width of your armrests)

B = 300mm (the length of your armrests)

If you want some photos showing how the armrests are mounted on a pro set-up, let me know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klassiker said:

I just made myself a table-top mounting work surface, because it was simpler and cheaper than routeing a table top and suspending the armrests, but the dimensions will be the same. I took them from a professional desk.

1 = 280mm

2 = 120mm (the width of your armrests)

B = 300mm (the length of your armrests)

If you want some photos showing how the armrests are mounted on a pro set-up, let me know

Thank you. Pictures are most welcome!

42 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Have you some piccys of the bench you made.   cheers

Can't see any pictures.

Best regards,
sczo

Pictures of the top and underside of my home-made table-top work area. The pads are covered in chamois leather from the DIY supermarket. Everything else was scraps I had lying around. The work surface ended up 55mm higher than the level of the main bench top, and is 270mm by 400mm in area. The slope of the armrests is not adjustable, and might be too shallow for some, but works fine for me.

DSC02986.thumb.JPG.194e4a2ce26bca97626510edefe2886c.JPG

DSC02987.thumb.JPG.33384bd3b4aef9948eed0daad09d275a.JPG

• Like 2