Citizen 3560-351614 glass replacement

Hello all,

I've been gifted and challenged with repairing a Citizen 3560-351614 which has (or rather had) a cracked crystal. Unfortunately, when removed it was not able to keep its shape and now I am unsure of which size to order for the replacement. Additionally, the crystal appears to have a very fine gold bezel which I am unsure if I can ever replace and if this will change the size required for the replacement. As you can maybe see from the photo I've upload, my digital calipers are measuring on the surface of the inner bezel and recording it as 28.9mm. Is it possible that the size would actually be closer to the rounded up 29mm or is it common from the crystals to measure at 1 decimal place like so?

As to the gold surrounding the crystal, I am relying on an image from Google which isn't the best resolution, but hopefully you can see it. I don't suppose that is replaceable when ordering a new crystal?

Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.

Citizen 3560-351614.jpg

Citizen 3560-351614-2.jpg

Edited by DrunknMunky
grammar

Hi When removing cracked crystals its best to cocer them with clear tape before removing them as it helps to keep it intact for measuring for size. was the old one a flat crtstal?  was the gold ring the seating gasket that came away with the crystal if so you will need another gasket if that one is useless.  Once determining the size you will need a crystal press to re fit the crystal    The web site  Esslingers.com  contains tutorials on the fitting of crystals.

Find attached the rech sheet for the 3560

3974_3510.pdf

Thanks for the replies.

2 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi When removing cracked crystals its best to cocer them with clear tape before removing them as it helps to keep it intact for measuring for size. was the old one a flat crtstal?  was the gold ring the seating gasket that came away with the crystal if so you will need another gasket if that one is useless.  Once determining the size you will need a crystal press to re fit the crystal    The web site  Esslingers.com  contains tutorials on the fitting of crystals.

Find attached the rech sheet for the 3560

3974_3510.pdf 1.41 MB · 0 downloads

Yes the crystal was flat. I think the gold ring was decorative rather than an o-ring gasket. It crumbled with the removal of the crystal and was not nylon in nature.

Hi check the inside of the bezel to see if the gasket is still attached.  It may be a glue in crystal using hypo cement or UV curing glue also check the bezel for residue and clean thoroughly before fitting a new crystal.

a visit to the esslinger.com site will be of benifit regarding fitting and methods. ( guide to fitting watch crystals)