Correct tool for this job: AS 1422 movement

Probably something like the Bergeon 30638-3 their 5 spoke wheel remover.  Not seen anything cheaper. I know Richard Perrette uses some modified tweezers to lift them off so that might be an option, check his latest YouTube video showing them in use.

• Like 1

I have a Bulova that is very very similar.   I grabbed the lip with a presto #1.  One of the feet hits a flat bit of the bridge, but it took hardly any force to remove it, I think one can just grab it and pull a bit and not use the feet.  The Presto #3 doesn't fit like you say.

While I've read, "leave the wheel on," I don't think it's possible on my movement.  The seconds pinion has a flange on the bottom that hits this indirect 3rd wheel if you try to remove it.  So you can't get the seconds pinion out.  Which means one would need to remove the main bridge perfectly straight up to not bend the seconds pinion.   But one can't do that, not only because that seems too hard to do anyway, but also because the captive 3rd wheel on the underside bridge will interfere with something.

PXL_20220107_212102016.thumb.jpg.2c29410dc386f5b8f92f270719c49383.jpg

Edited by xyzzy
  • Thanks 1