First Clock success and up cycle

Bearman

Good evening,

I've been busy in my dark/cold garage over Christmas. Flushed with my success of servicing my first clock, with the kind help of the people on this forum.

I thought I'd share my first clock come up cycle. Please be gentle with my carpentry, it was all made with hand tools other than a drill with a hole saw.

The clock came in a hideous plastic/celluloid housing, as you can see from the picture. With a bit of trawling the web I think it originally sat atop a jewellery box of some kind.

Anyway my next door neighbour had a new kitchen fitted and they let me have a few odds and ends to prolong the life of mine. Including an oak draw front which I thought I'd build a mount for my clock. A challenge in itself, but I'm fairly pleased in the way it turned out. you'd never know it was piece of a kitchen.

Thanks once again to those who on the forum for their advice. 

clock before.jpg

clock front.jpg

Clock back.jpg

Clock housing inside.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks both, it was nice to combine my dabbling in woodworking. Didn't think it was a bad first effort. 

My next challenge is to acclimatise the family to the ticking sound. It's banished from the living room for now. I'll have to quietly move into the room for short periods until they don't notice. Strangely enough nothing is said about the noise the quartz clock in the kitchen makes??