Vintage watch tools that belong to my father

My sister recently shipped me a bunch of small watch repair tools that had belonged to my father. He has been gone for 30 years now and they had been sitting up in the attic of my brother every sense.

I am the only one who worked as a jeweler with him and dabble in watches. I took two pictures of the tools the only things I left out or a couple of glass domes to cover movements and a couple of gravers that he had.

A few of the parts in boxes or a couple of small items I don’t know exactly what they are used for  maybe someone has a better idea than me I know there are mini tweezers and pliers and oilers but figured I would post them here just to see what others can tell me. These are not for sale they will go in my watch toolbox. 

Thanks, Kevin 8A1FE6FB-4FED-48BC-BA90-5CC4EFEAE564.thumb.jpeg.f64aae7aabd7cc80ba2dfd9203c58541.jpegA2ED5A7B-DCF8-4121-964A-686705C7DE45.thumb.jpeg.6669cd10319cb57d85946f43561047a6.jpeg

Hi A nice selection of what one would call vintage tools, A stake , pivot drills, collet vice( balancespring) pin vices, case opener, presto hand remover, balance spring cutting tweezers, Hand gauge crystal gauge, a collet set which looks like its for holding  items in the clamp.  and a selection of timing washers for balance poising.   Glad you are not selling them they have some history and as such best kept in the family.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi A nice selection of what one would call vintage tools, A stake , pivot drills, collet vice( balancespring) pin vices, case opener, presto hand remover, balance spring cutting tweezers, Hand gauge crystal gauge, a collet set which looks like its for holding  items in the clamp.  and a selection of timing washers for balance poising.   Glad you are not selling them they have some history and as such best kept in the family.

91A93EBF-E51D-41A2-8F78-9345FFF08576.jpeg.4bfce91ae0f7f0ed3042b4642410bd1a.jpeg7A1559EF-72CF-4AE9-BACD-47E8B52C08C8.jpeg.9f3886e3f28f9e73ff2a45266688c7ea.jpeg

Thanks for the response back. Here are a couple of photos of my dad in the early 50s working at his watch bench. This was before he owned his own jewelry store.

• Like 2

Hi @KevinR - very cool and stylish! 🙂

Some good quality and well used tools. Note two pairs of Dumont 3C tweezers which it's perhaps reasonable to assume were his preferred go-to tweezer type (different repairers prefer different styles; Dumont is a class act and do lots: https://www.dumonttweezers.com/Tweezer/Standard/31).

Note the pen looking device on the right-hand-side in your second picture is a Bergeon automatic oiler and, like any Bergeon kit, not given away so store carefully.

I think you've got most of the other parts identified but if there's anything specific you're going "what's this?!" just come back.