Longines 5-star Admiral (cal 508)

I serviced this the other day. The really cool thing I discovered is that I found my Dad's mark from servicing it in 1981. 

I got the watch from my sister-in-law.  Her Dad and mine were friends, so it is not too surprising to find that he serviced it. 

The crystal arrived yesterday: GS DT 305.  I think it needs a 306 because it went in too easily.

The picture shown of the movement is with the oscillator weight removed.

Here is the info on this movement.

2021-11-28 12_55_06-Window.png

20211119_142009.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Question; 

I have a Longine admiral with calib 508 movement , just assumed 508  to be a Chrono grade movement !      is it? 

I do not believe so.  However, answering a question like that is a little above my pay grade.  It is stamped unadjusted, so that is my guidance.  I just serviced an ETA 2824 stamped "adjusted in 3 positions" leading me to believe that it is chrono grade.  The 508 runs solid in all positions.

Some imports to US was purposely stamped unadjusted to avoid customs charges for higher grades, I bought my Longines  in the US  too. I bet your watch is a Chronograde. 

Various grades of ETA are made, depending on the brand, I think an eta that goes in Tudor is  Chronograde. 

Rolex puts ETA 7750 in thier Cosmograph wathces, I guess. 

Regs