Hattori Vd85

I'm new to the site and relatively new to watch repair. I work part time for a jeweler. I'm currently working on a VD85 and I'm not sure about indexing the "Day" hand. 

I broke the stem and have to retrieve it before continuing. Can anyone offer advice on either.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

Here as the PDF's you require the tech one should have all the info you require.

attachicon.gifHattori VD85 - Operation Manual.pdf

attachicon.gifHattori VD85 - Technical Guide.pdf

attachicon.gifHattori VD86A - Window Variation.pdf

Thanks clockboy,

I read the tech guide and found it very useful. I had a problem however with the position of the "Day" hand. I normally turn the crown till the Date changes. I set the hour hand and minute hand. Now the day hand only travels approx. 90°. When it reaches Sunday it jumps back to Monday. I'm not sure what day I'm placing the hand to start. If I initially choose a day or two past the position the movement is set at, will this cause a problem when I get to Sunday? The hand will hit the raised surface of the dial. Will this be a problem with the gearing? There may be a little something lost in the translation in the instructions.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks again for the info.

It sounds like an alignment issue. On some watches there is a specific set up required for the day & date to co-ordinate correctly. I will have look at the tech sheet to see whats going on. As Arni said I'll be back

As I thought if you look at page 9 of the tech sheet it,s show how to set up. The translation to english is not good but good enough. If after using this set up you still are having issues then something is assembled incorrectly such as the date driving wheel & the day driving wheel are not installed in the correct positions (see drawing)

As I thought if you look at page 9 of the tech sheet it,s show how to set up. The translation to english is not good but good enough. If after using this set up you still are having issues then something is assembled incorrectly such as the date driving wheel & the day driving wheel are not installed in the correct positions (see drawing)

Thanks clockboy,

I'm also going to mark the Day post and follow its travel as I rotate the crown. It should eventually jump back to Monday.

Nice to find people willing to help each other,

Dave.

Got it,
I went through the instructions and have the hand indexed properly.
Gave the watch back to the owner and a few days later he called.
It appears the date hand fell off.
I checked it out and noticed the watch had stopped.
When I checked the second hand I noticed the hand would go so far and stop at the same location.
I'll have to disassemble and see what's up.
I have a feeling he's not telling me everything,

Thanks all,

Dave