rolex oyster perpetual bubbleback 5015

Hi! 

I have this watch that hasn't been serviced in too many years, however, it still works (as it is an automatic) I have multiple questions. if I just keep using it as it is (without service, because I can't seem to find anyone who will service it, not even Rolex) will it break eventually? I'm wondering because I know the machine needs lubricant and much more things. And second one, do you have any recommendation on where can this watch be serviced? Or should I try to learn as much as I can and do it myself? Any recommendations are going to be extremely helpful as this watch has a lot of sentimental value. 

Thank you!

20210629_124950.jpg

20210612_123812_resized.jpg

you didn't say where you were located? As that would affect who would service it. Then my understanding is Rolex will now service vintage watches but they will charge you a horribly expensive feed to evaluate it before they even think about servicing it making the whole procedure extremely expensive. Then officially anyone that works with Rolex can't touch the vintage watches. The official policy of working with Rolex is they have a lot of rules of things they can and can't do and they will not cross the line and risk losing the Rolex account.

then do you have any experience servicing watches? There will be others that will come along and tell you that it's easy to service a watch at least it is for them and you'll have no problems servicing this.  but the usual experience with anyone learning watch repair is you will break things. They're very tiny to work on their can be challenges and working on a vintage Rolex it would have parts availability issues not a good first watch to start with.

Then this watch is definitely seen better days? to understand that remark I have a link below the watch below is supposed to be the same watch notice how the plates are silver in color notice how yours have hints of silver but are largely brass colored.  then even the watch below is missing a tiny screw. The automatic weight has two holes it only needs one little screw to lock it in place and they are missing there's. but at least the plates of the right color.

3 hours ago, Sonia said:

this watch has a lot of sentimental value.

then the above quote is definitely an issue. If the watch had no sentimental value then destroying it learning how to service watches wouldn't be a problem.

the problem with modern watches is the lubricants do not break down like they once did. In the old days the organic lubricants a lot of times it gum up the watch would come to a stop. Modern lubricants tend to just spread and no longer do their job.  then there is the gaskets they don't last for ever either is one in the crown the back gaskets even the crystal can have an issue with time depending upon how it's in their. So basically it allows moisture to get into your watch or dust and dirt none of which is good in the insides the watch.

then the early automatics can have additional problems in that they didn't always jewel the automatic mechanism. That means it's a brass on steel components and they can wear out faster.

Simplistic is nobody actually knows how long your watch come last. Typically with modern servicing us five years plus or minus. If you only brought the watch out occasionally and more at a couple of times a year depends upon the life the lubricants even if you only ran at a couple of times he year you could probably literally have it run for ever as long as moisture didn't get in there.

so yes there really are people out there that service Rolex watches. It really would help to know roughly what you're located does no good to recommend the shop  in a country that you can't conveniently get your watch to for instance.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-Vintage-Rolex-Bubble-Back-Oyster-Perpetual-Stainless-Steel-Watch-5015/283782994192