Vintage Oris Part Numbers

Can anyone offer any advice in respect of the above? I've a 1970 Oris Chronoris that needs a few parts. The ones I'm struggling with at the minue are the upper balance jewels. Cousins have a parts diagram and the jewels are listed as 579 and 580 only. They sit in a Parechoc kif which Cousins sell but they don't list the jewels. 

Does anyone know how I can identify the jewel sizes from the above numbers? The numbers alone don't tender any results on Google. I suspect they are precedes by maybe the calibre number and something else.

Thanks

1 hour ago, mistergrumpy said:

A 725. I could have sworn I'd written that sorry.

That happens when trying to edit, I delete a sentense to rephrase and unknowingly omit some words I didn't mean to.

Dr ranfft lists all variants to this family of movements under Oris 645 kif ( the base movement I suppose) all non- auto parts off of any of the members would fit your watch. This info will specially come useful if you ended up looking into scrap movements for parts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the above, very useful in general. I have however made a little progress and discovered that brass setting is purchased separately from the jewels and also the spring. They were listed under the "Kif" section. The first problem I face is that I don't know the dimensions of the setting until it arrives but then I have to interpret them onto the following table (left hand side). Can anybody explain it for me? Is it a case of realising which spring (from the dimensions of the setting which I don't yet have) and the simply reading across the line to discover the jewel sizes? Also what does the bottom line of each section entitled "BS" mean please?

image.png.c2f1881401a02cdc4399dbc24a9e3026.png