Cyma 032kb guidance

That's a nice movement. Two tips: make sure the shock spring is seated carefully as they can affect amplitude if they cause the jewels to shift in one direction. Check the amount of friction provided by the centre-seconds friction spring is reasonable. Probably such that it knocks around 5-10 degrees of amplitude off the total amplitude when it is not fitted. And also note that they are very fragile and probably made from beryllium.

• Like 1

Yes this is a tricky movement.  The top jewel fell out a couple of times when I had the movement turned over...somehow, the paddle moved and then gravity took over.  What I did was to push the paddle aside so that it was cantilevered and then bend it down.  Hope that does the trick.

Had some odd timing issues on the timing machine.  Not sure yet what to make of it, but it is running nicely face up on the bench. 

This uses a two-piece stem.  Unfortunately the crown was broken off (though I still have it).  So, for a temporary fix, I took the piece that had broken off the crown and drilled it out and then tapped in another threaded stem (and cut off the excess).  I don't have but a couple of old crowns lying around, so I grabbed whatever would fit--as shown.

There are some fascinating features of this movement...click spring, shock jewels...

P1010359.JPG

2021-06-28 14_26_32-Photos.png