Another Watch Is Winging Its Way To Me!

Not that I need one but heck, what sort of watch enthusiast would I be if I let that stop me!  :thumbsu:

I have always had a soft spot for Timex. My first watch was a manual wind Scottish made childs Timex that was given to me when I was around 8 years old back in the 70's

Nowadays I have a thing for the Easy Reader's I just think they are a design classic. I have the Stainless Steel date version but have wanted one of the gold on gold expansion bracelet versions for a while.

Well, I found a seller in the US selling brand new ones. He saves on shipping costs by ditching the box which I am fine with. All the paper work is included and it has the guarentee.

I love this version with the Railroad dial and day and date. Can't wait for it to get here!

img56653704_zpsbc1b767c.jpg

• Like 1

Thats a very nice clear dial with a classic look, a nice practical, useable watch.  Timex have a very long history and have a new (2011) tempting range called "Timex intelligent quartz",  can be found on Amazon starting at £55.  Timex used to cater for the less expensive end of the market, I think the new ones at £100+ show they have shifted focus somewhat.

Edited by autowind
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. The fellow I purchased it from is selling them brand new with papers but no box to save on shipping costs for the grand sum of $27 plus $5 shipping to Canada.

I don't know if its OK to post a link but will take the chance and if not them moderators please feel free to remove it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271401644696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

If the Stainless version is anything to go by ( mine came on the SS expansion bracelet originally, just thought I would change things up with a Timex leather strap which are surprisingly good quality BTW!) the build quality is excellent. The case on the one I have has a nice solid weight and feel to it and the shine is deep and lustrous. The dial is so clear and clean and easy to read. 

The expansion brackets on these are the best I have worn. Never had a pulled hair or pinching, super comfortable as well.

Craig, I agree, the gold really does make the dial pop I think, especially with the red numbers.

At $27 you can't really go wrong. There are other sellers selling it with the box for another $10 but with my cheaper watches I never keep the box so why not save the money!

Just checked, shipping to the UK is a reasonable  $6.75 so total is around £20 for the UK.

Just to add. I have nothing to do with the seller other than make this first purchase with him.

Edited by ianmedium

"At $27 you can't really go wrong. There are other sellers selling it with the box for another $10 but with my cheaper watches I never keep the box so why not save the money!

Just checked, shipping to the UK is a reasonable  $6.75 so total is around £20 for the UK."

My reply would get me a warning...but suffice to say I'll change it to that's damn cheap my friend.....(I love a bargain!) ;)

I know, what can twenty quid buy now ( actually I don't know as I have not been in the UK for years, last time I was there a pint of real ale was £2:00, the cheap larger £1.25 for a pint.)

I hope it was OK to post the link, I looked but could not find anything that says its not OK.

Edited by ianmedium

So doing some research it turns out the case is made from brass with a stainless steel back. All of the easy readers are including my Stainless look one. This explains the nice heft to the watch.

I have base metal allergies but have had no reaction to wearing the one I have so the plating must be pretty thick. I had no idea watch companies still made cases this way. I kind of like the hark back to the old days!

I hope it was OK to post the link, I looked but could not find anything that says its not OK.

No problem Ian. Outside links are fine as long as they are helpful to the community and as long as they don't contain affiliate codes.

• Like 2