Looking for an ETA 2836-2 dial having a date AND DAY window

I want to build a watch around an ETA 2836-2 movement that I found in a bag av used watch parts and that I've just serviced, and I’m looking for a dial for it. There’s a handful on eBay, and when I write a handful, I mean somewhere around five dials. That is, dials having a date and day window. The supply of dials for the ETA 2836-2 isn’t even small, it almost non-existent. I have of course been looking elsewhere but no luck. Have I been looking in the wrong places?

If you happen to have a dial for and ETA 2836-2 or can advice me on where to look, please let me know!

Depends on the project you have in mind, ETA 2836-2 is very popular movement, came in different grades and many brands.  Dials of different diameter fit on 2836-2,   there is also the question of genuine Swiss or Asian made watches, vintage or modern?  stainless cases or otherwise? and hands to fit.

Its the NOS genuine dials that are hard to come by, used ones are not so rare nor too  hard to find.  

I think I saw some chinese made dials on aliexpress or amazon. 

My late watch maker left tons of spare parts, scrap watches, his son lets me in his shop, so there is a chance I find you something and I have several stainless steel case which I'd be happy to gift wrap providing you like their vintage looks.

At your service,     Joe ?        haha.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe! ? I basically want to build a diver watch. It doesn't really matter much what it looks like. What's important is that the dial has a window to display both the day and the date, and that the case has a rotating bezel (poor man's chronograph ?).

The movement is a genuine ETA 25 jewel 2836-2 movement that originally was housed in a Tissot which is engraved on the oscillating weight. I only have the movement as I found it in bag of used spare parts that I bought on Swedish local eBay (tradera.se) for about $30. Probably never serviced as all screws look untouched, Complete but a non-runner. Will finish servicing it soon.

Edited by VWatchie

ETA 2836-2      " is  "          the variant with day- date so no problem there.

In my neck of the woods, folks wouldn't pay for extra options such as rotating bezel, I guess you would find those mostly on modern watches or perhaps watchcases that are marketted in Europe/ America, I can't say chinese made ones are inexpensive either.

In case you didn't find a case you like, I don't think I run out of my vintage cases anytime soon, to which you are welcome.

Regs

Joe

• Thanks 1