What year is my Tudor prince oysterdate

The 7966 is the model number; between the lugs on the other side should be a serial number. But you say there's nothing; that's going to make any accurate dating difficult!

Best you can probably do is a Google image search for tudor prince oysterdate 7966 and try and find a watch that looks the same as yours hoping a date's been included in whatever page the image is associated with.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi, my first post here! Hope that someone can help me to identify some Seitz jewels… I bought some NOS jewels at auction, but now I’m not really sure what kind of jewels they are. All envelopes has the design in the picture. Is there a difference in envelope design for the different types of Seitz jewels? I’m curious to find out, since some Seitz flat jewels with olive hole and Seitz regular flat jewels have the same size, like 12/70, 12/80 12/90 or 16/100, 16/110, 16/120. And I can’t tell which one it is just by looking at them.   Also, some envelopes has ’B’ as prefix (like B11/70), I guess those are balance jewels? Thankful for help!
    • Here’s a link to the specific model.   https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/timepieces/engraving-online-service/43-mm-calibre-5-automatic/WBP208B.BF0631.html   heres an image of the case back 
    • In addition you will need a c to cs adapter which is just a 5mm ring to bring the camera at the right distance.    The camera I have is a Hayear camera I got from AliExpress. It does the job but I find the usage a bit clunky. But I don’t know if others are better
    • I see. I understand, thank you. Though, I have access to 3D printing and the machine shop at my univeristy. Getting those parts should be fine. An example with the National. I can request the machine shop to turn the national spindle to support an Elma basket. I think its further possible for them to make an extension to support an Elma basket for the Brenray. I am just not sure which machine requires the most effort. I am trying to see the costs of restoration on each of them and then ultimately buy the one. I haven't seen a watch cleaning machine on the local market for years. A local watch part shop which sells the Janta/Pearl watch cleaning machines for $540, a clone of the Elma Super Elite, is willing to order in from India, watch baskets, and such spares.  So I am not sure if I should let go of this opportunity. I am willing to rewire everything and update it to current safety standards. 
    • This is I believe Junhans only digital watch. I recently opened it to change the battery and was very surprised when the movement a small black rectangle just fell out. It appears it was just glued into case and the glue failed over time, it was some sort of white glue. How common is it to glue movements in?  Also what sort of adhesive should used to refix the movement? It seems to be a metal plastic interface, with glue needing gap filling properties.