Seiko 5T52 Input Please..

Aloha Members , 

I just got a Seiko 5T52 World Timer Quartz watch that seemed to function properly when I first received it . I have since discovered that the hour hand stops at 11:30 PM and the date wheel...[there is no day wheel ].. will not flip over to the next date either automatically ,  or manually , by turning the crown for a 24 hour setting change . There are 3 sub-dials on this watch . At the 12 position there is a GMT clock , at the 9 position there is a normal 60 second hand , and at the 6 position is a 2 function alarm . On top of the hour and minute hands there is a pointer that can be set to various cities around the dial . There is the normal crown for hand setting and date advance , a crown for the alarm setting , and 3 push buttons for various settings and functions .

It seems that I will have to remove the dial and inspect the hour wheel and date wheel for the hang up or obstruction to advance to the next date .

Here's where the fun begins . I will have to remove and re-install 8 hands .  

The input I need is...when refitting all of the hands , do I advance the watch until the date wheel flips at 12 AM and then proceed to set all of the hands in a 12 o'clock position ? .....  I think I do , but would appreciate any input/support on this .

Thanks , Louis

post-808-0-80187600-1428483142_thumb.png

Edited by ricardopalamino

Hi Louis, I had the same problem with the date changing, or not as the case may be, on a Seiko 7t32. All that I required was a new date wheel. The wheel is made of plastic and one tooth on the wheel was slightly damaged. When you see how fine the teeth are, it's easy to see that it wouldn't take much to damage them.

It may be another issue with yours, but at this stage that's what my money is on. :)

Thanks Geo ,  I forgot that these type of Seiko s used a lot of plastic parts so your money bet sounds about right . I will have to investigate anyway , so where did you get a replacement...from a donor ?  Finding a donor for this one will be fun . And do I reset the hands to the 12 position at 12AM ?

I've got  2ea. 7T32 donors.....I wonder if....naw , I doubt it.

Thanks Easy Rider , Louis

I bought mine from Cousins and it was cheap as chips. Here's a link, if you know the part number you should hopefully be able to find it.

Talking of easy riding, the weather is superb here in Scotland today, so I'm away to have a looooong run in the bike! :)

I like cheap chips . I looked at the parts catalogue / technical guide for this watch and it showed the part but no part number .  

The weather is pretty good here in Hawaii too , so I need to put some miles on my bicycles .....I can hear them calling me .

Oh yeah , one more time ....do I reset the hands to the 12 position at 12AM ?

Thanks , Louis