Seiko 7009: Conversion Mechanical → Quartz ; Help!!

ricardopalamino/

Just a very final mail;  when I tried to register/log in to the site TheWatchSite forum I get the following message....

"You have been banned for the following reason:

No reason was specified.  

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Can't understand it !!!     So I can't go to the Seiko/Citizen sub-forum.

Bob

Hi Bob....from the other Bob,

I agree with BL and all the other members' comments/advise. Dial feet are attached with double-sided tape also available for this purpose. Also the VX43 movement requires watch hands: hour 1.10, minute .65, and sweep second .20 mm. The dial feet holes are @1 and @7 ish so they might not align with the original dial and reposition of feet might be required. The overall high of the movement is 4.5 mm but the actual high is 2.92 mm. Question: how do those measurements compare with the original movement (the old one)? This could be a problem...

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks, Bob.

I think I will be able to adapt for any difference in the hand hole diameters.  But one problem:  I'm having difficulties trying to remove the old Seiko stem 354 022 Tap 10 from the crown.  I need the crown for the new stem 351 177.  It hasn't broken YET.  I tried with WD44 and also boiling water to soften any glue, but it still won't unscrew.  How can I find the part number for the 7009-3140 crown before I break its stem?

To your points:  the dial has no feet and I will be able to place the feet anywhere on the dial, after carefully centring the dial an taking regard for the stem at 4 o'clock.

Bob

Edited by boblalux

Blacklab:   Thanks for the tip, I'll try and remove the o-ring and acetone the lot (assuming its glue, and not overtightening or rust) !  Where on earth did you find the part no.?  I tried everywhere, and it won't 'Google'!

Bob

Edited by boblalux

Hi Bob,

Boley has an extensive catalogue of parts by case serial number. Also, what I do after heat, and rust treatment stubborn, rusted crown/stem, I do a quick, light tightening of the crown and immediately unscrew it from the stem. Most of the time it works. Make sure your pin vise is well tightened and on the right spot on the stem (usually not on the thread but immediately after, on the thicker smooth stem but before the machined part).

Hope it works,

Cheers,

Bob

ricardopalamino/

Just a very final mail;  when I tried to register/log in to the site TheWatchSite forum I get the following message....

"You have been banned for the following reason:

No reason was specified.  

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Can't understand it !!!     So I can't go to the Seiko/Citizen sub-forum.

Bob

I am sure that there is an error in registering somehow . Google Seikocitizenwatchforum and you will see a registration link . If the problem persists LMK and I will ask one of the moderators if there is a problem . If you do register also LMK . It is a great site for Seiko and Citizen watches with lots of tech references .

<<Boley has an extensive catalogue of parts by case serial number. Also, what I do after heat, and rust treatment stubborn, rusted crown/stem, I do a quick, light tightening of the crown and immediately unscrew it from the stem. Most of the time it works. Make sure your pin vise is well tightened and on the right spot on the stem (usually not on the thread but immediately after, on the thicker smooth stem but before the machined part).

Hope it works,

Cheers,

Bob>>

Worked a dream, many thanks.  After removing the rubber neck gasket, I 'acetoned' it overnight, chucked it in boiling water for a minute, then - off it screwed with no damage!

By the way, my last attempt resulted in a stem broken off flush with the crown!!  I read about the 1 week's vinegar treatment with scepticism, but it worked!!!      

Thanks for the Boley's tip: Unfortunately, they only sell to the trade.

Bob

I am sure that there is an error in registering somehow . Google Seikocitizenwatchforum and you will see a registration link . If the problem persists LMK and I will ask one of the moderators if there is a problem . If you do register also LMK . It is a great site for Seiko and Citizen watches with lots of tech references .

I tried again, same problem.  Twice I wrote to the Webmaster - no reply.  Just don't understand it.

When I think back about a year ago, I had an altercation with a seemingly arrogant moderator somewhere on the 'net (so it is possibly here).  Perhaps that's why.  But not giving a reason beats me!

Edited by boblalux

Atta Boy...Perseverance will win the day .

" I had an altercation with a seemingly arrogant moderator somewhere on the 'net (so it is possibly here).  Perhaps that's why.  But not giving a reason beats me!"

I have a hunch just who that might be..... so your description fits ....... I call them "the Politicians "...but no matter , 99.99%  of the rest of the members are here for the joy of Horology .

Blacklab:   Thanks for the tip, I'll try and remove the o-ring and acetone the lot (assuming its glue, and not overtightening or rust) !  Where on earth did you find the part no.?  I tried everywhere, and it won't 'Google'!

Bob

Here: https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/seiko-case-parts just type in the full number - 7009-3140 lookup select & then search for items or here: http://cgi.julesborel.com follow the instructions & it takes you here: http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=sek+cs%237009-3140&submit=Search

• Like 1

Here: https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/seiko-case-parts just type in the full number - 7009-3140 lookup select & then search for items or here: http://cgi.julesborel.com follow the instructions & it takes you here: http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=sek+cs%237009-3140&submit=Search

Boley has a similar feature , Under case parts type in your numbers and ....Voila....magic .  And of course , don't forget Ranfft , ....a plethora of information .

post-808-0-23621200-1427743110_thumb.png