Advice?

BadWilf

Greetings. My uncle passed away a few months ago, he left me his extensive collection of watches. I am a complete novice when it comes to this. I was just wondering if anyone could advice me on what I have, if I post pictures on here?

Thanks

Martyn

Not a Bond watch, this is a 1X57 and Bond is 007! Nice 3-eye Citizen watch! :D

...oops! Not a Citizen watch!

Sorry, couldn't resist. An Omega! it is an Omega, Chronograph, Swiss made and very expensive and beautiful, what else is to know?! Can I have it? :)

Cheers,

Bob

PS. I believe Will is THE historian by excellence and Geo the Omega master! Sorry I can't shed any light on your question. Welcome aboard, Martyn!

Good eye guys, I didn't want to risk it! :)

I thought the hands and pushers -- let alone the general dial design, including the logo as per Will -- are not quite right. I still like it though.

One indication on the dial is the "Swiss made" sign that is in the wrong side of the track. Should be under it not above it. I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

A nice little collection of chrono's you have there.

This is a future reference/comparision to where the aftermarket-manufacturer has got inspired by the real Omega.

Obviously the broad arrow "1957" timepiece. Your "not genuine" to the left ofcourse, but it looks great in your pictures...

2a66uyd.jpg

The one down to the left in your collection seems very inspired by a version of the citizen skyhawk..; 

1z3w310.jpg

Nice pieces, keep collecting man! :thumbsu: