Zodiac brand value

I am looking at getting a vintage zodiac watch and quite confused by the brand value or collectability.

I see some vintage watches going for $1000 or more, but newer watches going pretty cheap at a $200, even new ones. 

Can anyone shed som light on that? Is it worth getting an old Zodiac?

Zodiac 70 72 made by AS was a joint production of some famous brand names, beats 36000 times an hr so is more accuracy (the higher the beat the more accurate the watch) furthure a fine regulator was added on, decent stability so you had a good watch. The only culprit I know is their offset canon pinion, in fact it needed replaced at every service, so is a hard to find and one mostly have to resort to tighening its canon pinion. not exactly how a jewel should be.

also 72 mysetry dial gained popularity in its day.

On autographic a power reserve indicator was put at center along with sweep second ,min and hour hands which was special if not exclusive.

Complications on most pieces had a interesting and unique design. Many complicstion. I have got a hand full zodiacs, but if you ask me, I spend my money on a nice manual Omega.

• Like 1