Landeron 47: Wrong regulator arm?

Hoe

Dear watchmakers

I just serviced a Landeron 47 which is in good condition over all. But I could not get a decent result on the time grapher (watch runs too fast, huge beat error). After digging deeper I found the following.

The regulator arm pin on the balance cock is too far away from the centre of the balance in relation to the hairspring pin fixed on the balance cock. This causes a lot of distortion of the hair spring when everything is assembled. I guess someone in the history of this movement upgraded the balance setup with an Incabloc and used a regulator arm that does not fit the dimensions of the hair spring (?).

Furthermore I noticed that the pin’s location on the hair spring is somewhat wrong. There is a long overhanging section of spring. The hair spring itself is fine.

What are your suggestions?

• replace wrong hair spring (probably not)
  • manipulate the hair spring: shift the pin to reduce the overhang and to reach the regulator pin (not sure if I am capable to do this)
  • replace the regulator
  • downgrade the Incabloc to the original non-shock proof setup
  • Others?

Best wishes

Landeron_47_Balance_Cock.jpg

Landeron_Incabloc.jpg

Landeron_47_Balance_Wheel.jpg

Hi,
you can do as proposed by AshF, but a slight bend at the marked spot will center your hairspring:
It will move the collet at right angle to the line spot - hs center.

HSpringCenter.jpg.47d51afd8a8712377e614605ec406fb2.jpg

Why do you suppose  an original non-shock? How does the jewel in the plate look like?

Frank

• Like 1

Your third picture shows stud sitting at the begining of the TERMINAL CURVE( right after the bend), whereas it should be at the end, "end of hairspring"  Just like ashF shows.

Mount the stud in stud hole of the adjustment arm.

Unpin the hairspring.

Thread the hairspring through stud hole all the way to the end of hairspring.

Re-pin. 

You have a good terminal curve already, minor manipulation like this is routine.

• Like 1

Shock system, regulator arm and all other components are the right type. One you pin the stud at the end of hairspring, all will fall in right place.

The micropin( hairspring pin) doesn't look in best shape, replace or sharen its tip for reinsertion into stad.  Do you know how to sharpen a micropin?