Brass Tweezers

I know a lot of watchmakers like brass tweezers.

However it does seems that good quality brass tweezers are rather difficult to source.

When looking at the website of Dumont, I saw they actually make quite some tweezers in brass, I just didn't found them anywhere for sale.

I decided to contact Dumont directly and see what was possible.

I'm gonna save you all the unnecessary details but here's the bottom line.

I can purchase  a batch of 13 brass tweezers style 3. For info & details go to https://www.dumonttweezers.com/Tweezer/Standard/31and search for 0106-3-PO.

This batch will be ready for delivery by end af March. Price is CHF 25.10 /pce NET (without vat & shipping).

Ofcourse I can't use 13 tweezers, therefore I'd like to check whether there are other people here interested in such tweezers.

I never found these tweezers with any of the famous retailer (cousinsuk, boley, ...) so I think this is a nice opportunity.

Unfortunately I don't have a clear view on the final total price, but I don't expect it to be that high.

Anyone interested?

Cousins certainly sell individual brass tweezers of several makes and prices, and the Dumont pages I looked at had them available as singles.

Cousins has 2 indian brass tweezers & 1 from Bergeon.

I have 1 of the indian versions but I'm not that impressed with the quality.

Which Dumont page have you used as your reference?

I ended up declining the deal with Dumont & bought the bergeon one from cousins.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/brass-tweezers-bergeon-swiss

A very nice made pair of tweezers (by Dumont as well)

The thing I noticed immediately is that this one is much bigger then my other tweezers (1,2,3,5), so the grip in your hand in a bit different.

I'm sure this is just something to get used to.

The quality difference between the bergeon/dumont and the indian version is just gigantic. Money well spend :-)