Unitas 6498 Click Screw... Lost

BlakeL

I've put the hairspring on hold for now since it requires extreme patience and started assembling the rest of the watch now that it is all cleaned up.  Everything was going smoothly till I realized I was missing the click screw.  Ofrei has it for around $4 but they have a minimum order of $15 and their shipping is ridiculous at $8-11 if I buy 4 screws.

Are there any other suppliers in the USA that would carry this and can I be sure that the ETA part will work on my early Unitas version?

Ofrei

Ebauches Part #5425 Click Screw for ETA 6497-1 and ETA 6498-1

-Blake 

Hi Blake, I have that screw I can send it to you. PM me an address since you are almost my neighbor!

No need to pay anything. I ordered the whole set from ofrei (in blue) for the watch I "built" for my mother, so among the lot I should find what you need.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 4

Hi Blake, I have that screw I can send it to you. PM me an address since you are almost my neighbor!

No need to pay anything. I ordered the whole set from ofrei (in blue) for the watch I "built" for my mother, so among the lot I should find what you need.

Cheers,

Bob

Wow, thanks.  The members on this forum always amaze me!

Excellent Blake, you are most welcome and very neat job you did there!

I'm going to try to tackle the hairspring later in the week or this weekend.  Work is busy lately and my car just died yesterday so not a good time for hobbies.

Sorry about the car Blake, hope it gets fixed soon and to your satisfaction. As for the movement, I'd love to see a picture of it ticking again. Just don't rush the hairspring thing, it is a tricky job!

Cheers,

Bob

My father in law has the Cuban hookup with a local mechanic so we'll see how well it goes.  It's the timing belt on a PT Cruiser and they're a pain to work on or I would do it myself.

The type of engine (non-interference) my car has should not cause valve damage and there was no bad sounds when it stopped running.  My old car was the opposite, it bent the valves and made a terrible noise.

I think GM cars are made that way. The car I was talking about was a chevette. Good, economic car for its time but no power anywhere: 1.8cc (carburetor) engine, no power stirring or power brakes, rear wheel traction and a 3 speed automatic transmission that took its time.... I used a horse's whip and stood on the accelerator after every red light or stop sign and still it would not "move" :) ...but it had 3 windshield wipers!! (hatchback). This was back home where there was snow (Chicago) and believe it or not, once it pulled - actually pushed -- a huge Ford Cougar out of a snow bank!