Rolex 3135 15000 Case

Jim

For all the Rolex experts out there I need some advise.    I have been working on a basket case 3135 that was completely rusted .  I now have it working after many moons of rust removal and parts replacement.   I did some research and a 15000 series case is supposed to work with this movement.   I bought  a used case good numbers and replacement case screws (the original case screws were completely rusted)   $30.00 for two and they do not fit in the case properly I suppose I could cut down the edges where the fit in the grove of the case.  I understand the movement needs to be oriented properly in order to case it, and have watched Mark's video where he services a 3135. I just need some Rolex expert to tell me if that case is correct. It also has a 5.3 crown.  The whole crown case tube Rolex thing was a learning experience as well two old types two new types 6.0 5.3  so much to learn.  

Thanks for the help

Jim

post-345-0-92377600-1424706645_thumb.jpg

I am new to Rolex Repair & service myself. However I did find out today the Rolex have two styles of crown pendents Double lock & triple lock. The Triple lock are for Submariners &  their watches that require extra protection from water ingress.

I found this site that supplies the parts:

http://www.stsupplyonline.com/catalog/rolex-style-crown-with-screw-tube-c-566_572_774.html

I don,t know if you have done this yet but don,t remove the shock spring that covers the escape. It is a nightmare to re-fit in fact lost the (top) original one and & bent two replacements. When I have sorted this I will oil the bottom one with a auto oiler.

I already did the escape wheel the hard way.  I was able to  use my microscope and my new silicone pick up tool  and pegwood.   It was fun  lol    It helps to have 30x to see what’s going on.  I use a flattened out old dip oiler to gently release the edges of the holder one at a time while I hold down the jewel with the pegwood so it doesn't fly across the room.  I have lost my share of jewels to not holding them down.  Man this movement was rusted trough and though.  I been cleaning it as a side note for months.  If you look close at the photo the top plate has three hold down points one is clean but partway missing from the rust.  that one part used is $350.00 I just clean, polish, clean rinse repeat   it works fine now and I think it looks fine. Just need to figure out this case thing.   I do have a new appreciation  for Rolex.  

Thanks,

Jim 

Thanks Jim hope the link is useful. What caught me out is I lifted & cleaned the balance Jewell as usual with no problems & did not realise until to late that the escape shock set up is different. I have a microscope set up over my lathe & used it when I hit the trouble to see how the spring is supposed to fit but !!!!!!.   Another one for my learning bank.

I have found most Rolex parts are restricted in the UK.  Although pricey most can be found in the USA which is I am afraid what we will all have to get used to in the future with the Swatch games.

Edited by clockboy