Installing A New Balance

mlfloyd1

I presume if it has not got a balance cock it also has not got a balance etc. Getting the replacement parts is going to be your biggest challenge also if the balance cock/balance is missing then I am guessing the watch will also need servicing.

Fitting a balance cock & balance is a relatively simple task & there are lots of vids showing watch assembly & dis-assembly just follow the vids, there might even be a 2832 on there.

When purchasing a balance (balance complete) you will have to attach it to your existing balance cock (called bridge nowadays) , this is tricky if you don't have experience and usually ends up with damaging the balance spring , would probably advise getting a professional to carry this out for you

When purchasing a balance (balance complete) you will have to attach it to your existing balance cock (called bridge nowadays) , this is tricky if you don't have experience and usually ends up with damaging the balance spring , would probably advise getting a professional to carry this out for you

Yes.  It's sold as a "balance complete".  I have the bridge. 

What happened was as I picked up the bridge with balance assembly, the balance dropped out of the bridge.

I intended to replace the balance anyway because I suspect it either has a broken pivot or is hanging out of true because it doesn't seat and catch as it should when I install it in the movement.

If I understand the question correctly, this video of Mark's might help.

http://youtu.be/uvMCNyrDZQo?t=2m58s

I had a balance fall out of the balance cock with a movement I was learning with. I took some photos and made a blog post here. I think I did a good job, but since I subsequently lost two other parts of the watch, I never got the whole thing back together again to test. :rolleyes:

Good luck!