Struggling With A Eta 2824 Day/date

dbals

Guys,

I've been working on a ETA 2824 from a Victorianox Swiss Army watch.   Was losing about 2 minutes a day with a high beat error.  I cleaned and oiled it and now everything is back together (except the day wheel) and she looks great on the timegrapher.  I'm just having a hell of a time getting the day wheel to work correctly (doesn't seem to be seating all the way down)- the date wheel works with no issue.  Tried searching for help via video/pictures but none seem to have the day wheel.  

I can post a picture tonight if that would help

Thanks,

Dan B

The last time I was there I had a great evening in the Kingston Mines. Blues and booze, what more could you ask for?...................Don't answer that! :)

You had a better time than me then. The last time I was there it was a couple of hours stopover whilst waiting for a connecting flight to LA.

Been a lot of years since I was at Kingston Mines or the Checkerboard lounge- incredible music at both places!  Once brought a date to Buddy Guy's Legends and she knew him personally- I got to drink with Buddy Guy and she was so drunk that she fell off the stool, a very good night.

Beer brewing is a bad hobby for me; I love brewing and fiddling with the yeast/beers but a good 75% is given away because I average about 1 beer a week.  The wifey has been pushing me to brew more often so she can give her chickens the spent grain, gotta love a supportive wife!

Lets see what is on Tap:

1. The Outer Limits -4.2% Pale Ale

2. Tangerine Speedo -3.7% Belgium Wit

3. We don't want the Irish -3.5% Dry Irish Stout

4. Dubbel Cross -7% Belgium Dubbel

On Deck- St. Dainius -13% Belgium Quadruple

Edited by dbals

Hi Dan, Buddy Guy is one of my all time blues favourites, I have a few of his CD's in my collection. I sure would like to have been with you when you had a drink with him. It was back in 1992 I visited the Kingston Mines (you can see the date on the T shirt) and James Wheeler was playing that night. I had a good chat with him at the bar that night, he was easy to get on with.

All that talk of beer is making me jealous!

Sorry about the derailment, but very pleased that you got the watch working. :)

Been a lot of years since I was at Kingston Mines or the Checkerboard lounge- incredible music at both places!  Once brought a date to Buddy Guy's Legends and she knew him personally- I got to drink with Buddy Guy and she was so drunk that she fell off the stool, a very good night.

Beer brewing is a bad hobby for me; I love brewing and fiddling with the yeast/beers but a good 75% is given away because I average about 1 beer a week.  The wifey has been pushing me to brew more often so she can give her chickens the spent grain, gotta love a supportive wife!

Lets see what is on Tap:

1. The Outer Limits -4.2% Pale Ale

2. Tangerine Speedo -3.7% Belgium Wit

3. We don't want the Irish -3.5% Dry Irish Stout

4. Dubbel Cross -7% Belgium Dubbel

On Deck- St. Dainius -13% Belgium Quadruple

I've brewed 5-6 batches and none have come out very good.  I have all my equipment in the shed and need to try again soon.

I'm jealous now! I only make wine! May have to start brewing beer to be in accordance to the rules here! :)

Great that you found the bug and fixed the watch Dan...and one more learning experience for me! Enjoy the beer, it is well deserved!

Cheers,

Bob

PS We might have crossed somehow Geo, in '92 I was still living back home in Chicago!

Edited by bobm12

1992......  lets see, I could guarantee I was drunk most of that year.  Felt like most bartenders knew me by name back then- to be young again  :D

BlakeL-    keep trying, if you find a funny taste in most of your beers switch to bottled distilled water or leave your water out overnight before using.  Otherwise this recipe is quick, simple and a crowd favorite even the Bud/Miller/Coors really like it:  

All Night Long Pale Ale

~4% ABV

37 IBUs

7lb pale malt

12 oz Crystal 60

12 oz flaked Oats/barley whatever you have on hand

0.5 oz Amarillo @ 30min

1.0 oz Amarillo @ 15min

1.0 oz Citra      @  5min

Dry hop for 7 days 0.5oz Amarillo and 1oz Citra

152 for 60 min

60min boil and no chill

US-05

I always get requests for this one for parties-  usually the 5gal keg is gone quick!  Easy drinking, fresh, smells great and you'll be accused of using tangerines.

Let me know if you need any help.

1992......  lets see, I could guarantee I was drunk most of that year.  Felt like most bartenders knew me by name back then- to be young again  :D

BlakeL-    keep trying, if you find a funny taste in most of your beers switch to bottled distilled water or leave your water out overnight before using.  Otherwise this recipe is quick, simple and a crowd favorite even the Bud/Miller/Coors really like it:  

All Night Long Pale Ale

~4% ABV

37 IBUs

7lb pale malt

12 oz Crystal 60

12 oz flaked Oats/barley whatever you have on hand

0.5 oz Amarillo @ 30min

1.0 oz Amarillo @ 15min

1.0 oz Citra      @  5min

Dry hop for 7 days 0.5oz Amarillo and 1oz Citra

152 for 60 min

60min boil and no chill

US-05

I always get requests for this one for parties-  usually the 5gal keg is gone quick!  Easy drinking, fresh, smells great and you'll be accused of using tangerines.

Let me know if you need any help.

I think my biggest issue is being in Florida and not having a dedicated place to ferment except for a makeshift swamp cooler.

Oh, time to make Saisons. Most saison yeast needs 80+ to finish.... Just a thought, switch the yeast to Dupont or even belle saison dry yeast.... The above recipe will make a good Belgium pale ale.