Reward for good grades

As we all know, our world has been deeply shaken. Lifestyles, routines and every partXa,a of our lives have been effected in some way. This is equally true  for our children. Their academic and social life's have also been upended. 

As  a father of 4 who range in age from 15 to 24 this new reality is all too acute. My youngest two are still in high school with one a freshman and one a sophomore. They have been pretty much on their own with getting their online classes up to date and completed. My daughter, who is also my youngest, has been on task the entire time, she had finished her work last week. My 17 year old son has procrastinated much of the entire time. 4 weeks ago he was in danger of flunking. So, as an incentive, I offered to get him his favorite watch which is a duplicate of mine if he finished with at least a C average in each class. In this case, it's a 1978 Timex Falcon Eye. Thankfully I had found one for an absolutely fantastic price, a steal to be honest. When it arrived, it was pristine!

Tonight was his final night. The final assignments were due. He plugged away and by 9:45pm, he crossed the finish line! And as required, no class was below a C grade point average. In fact, only one was a C, the rest were comfortably within B and A averages. I'm very proud of him and it was a Thrill and an honor to present his watch to him. For fun, I had him put on his new watch but told him he was trying on my watch to see how victory feels. He was all smiles and kept saying how awesome the watch is. Then I held up mine on my wrist and put it next to his and said, yep, it's almost as cool as mine! He was like, What!? Is this mine? No way! He was so excited! Totally worth the wait.

Here they are, two of the finest original 1978 Timex Falcon Eye's you'll likely ever see!

20200527_215853.thumb.jpg.4163af1794f9ef947f89e2c96707c251.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Klassiker said:

That's a nice story! What did your daughter get?

She got a couple of those Pop Vinyl figures, a nose piercing and a dozen roses. The only thing she really wanted and had asked for was the nose piercing.

• Like 2

Way to go pops! As the father  of a procrastinator  , I feel  your pain! Mine turned out OK as I suspect  yours will. The real world  has a very  sobering  effect. Once they get out there , and find out that in order to eat and pay the  bills  they have  to show up and finish on time they adjust.

Thanks. I'm actually not the least bit worried about him for his future. He has a clear plan and knows what he wants and what it takes to get there. My middle son is another story. He's very immature for his age. Hoping he turns around some than later.