Rentfro1444

I have a Longines 340 caliber 14 kt Grand Prize automatic, gifted to me by my late wife in 1961/62.  

The watch began to only run for a few hours, then stop.  You could wind it manually, it would run for thre or so hours, then stop.   I took it to a watch repair shop, and was told the watch needed a rotor axel, and they were unable to find the axel.  I found the axel, new in the package, but found the watchmaker at the shop retired.  I took the watch and rotor axel to another shop.  I just got the estimate/ability to repair; they say the mainspring needs to be replaced; it is enclosed in a barrel (which I knew) and they cannot locate one,   By the way, their charge to disassemble, clean, replace parts and reassemble is $475.00 and the charge for the mainspring is $85.00.  
What do you suggest I do?  I of course will not be dealing with this watch repair shop, as they are unable to replace the mainspring.

Is it possible to use another longines Caliber sealed mainspring in the 340 movement?  If not, are you aware of where a 340 sealed mainspring can be found and it’s approximate cost?

I’d certainly appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks