Longines date change

Depending on which movement you have , it have had a couple throughout the years it might take different time for the date change , mostly the process starts at 11pm and finish at 12pm. 
My memory might be wrong but think there is a ETA 252.611(others 255.561, 255.563)  in yours so here is a manual for it. Only says the change is at 12pm not when it begins.
https://shopb2b.eta.ch/technical_documents/index/pdf/id/1713/

• Like 1

Thanks, I also have that pdf file. However  it seems more like a document for a watch repair person. I am hoping to find something more like a users guide with pics of the crown's three position and what they do.

Well a user manual, if you can discard from the fact this has an Omega logo on it you could take a look at this one.
The movement is the same.
https://manualsbrain.com/en/manuals/1013404/

Just to point where to look in this manual

The Crown layout and modes.
255.563 = SA 1538 = fig 1.

Description.
https://manualsbrain.com/en/manuals/1013404/?page=12

Edited by HSL

Thank you. The manual has info I was looking for. I my watch had a three position crown but when I pulled out the crown there were only two positions and I thought maybe the watch was damaged. After reading the manual I believe the first position is the crown pushed all the way in, which is the running position. Hope I got that right.

7 minutes ago, henryr said:

I believe the first position is the crown pushed all the way in, which is the running position. Hope I got that right.

So typically all the way  in is the normal running position of any watch. Pulling it all the way out the extreme usually sets the hands. Then some watches will have the middle position for rapid calendar setting.

Then how fast the calendar change depends upon the movements. This ranges from instantaneous where the thing just snaps. Others take lots of hours.

7 minutes ago, henryr said:

I searched Omega caliber 1680 and found that it has ETA252.511. That explains the perp calendar. It seems  impossible to find info for the 255.563 but I'l keep looking.

1 hour ago, HSL said:

The Crown layout and modes.
255.563 = SA 1538 = fig 1.

So you should look for the Omega 1538...

Figure 1 in the first page in the manual.
And Page 11-12  .
omega-sa-1538-user-manual.pdf

Edited by HSL

Thanks for the info. Since I got the watch the date has been changing at 12 PM. So yesterday,  based on posts I've read, it needs to set for AM. I pulled out the crown to the 2nd position and wound hour hand around to equal 12 hours. The date increased by one day and I thought it was properly set. However, today it changed at 12 PM again. What am I doing wrong.

Another thought I had is, after the date change is completed, I could pull the crown out to the 3rd position to stop the watch and push it back in after 12 hours had passed. Is there any downside doing that?

Thanks,

henryr

So this is what happens when you don't pay attention in this case it was me not paying attention? It sunk in the word perpetual and quartz that changes everything. These watches or some of them can be incredibly hard to set. If it was a mechanical watch I would tell you to pull crown all the way out run the hands around verify the date only changes every other 12 hours figure out where a.m. p.m. is your good to go. But this is a perpetual calendar watch quartz which means electronic setting. This can get very very complicated. Then it would be helpful if there's numbers on the back of the watch in case there's variations. Because if there is only one version of the watch you can go to their website and they have the setting instructions sort of so I have a link it looks pretty simple.

Notice in the video the reference to the watch was set in Switzerland? Then it tells you how to change the time for wherever you are and it looks really simple? This is fine unless somebody has changed the battery then things get really really interesting so we will hope that that hasn't happened.

https://www.longines.com/watches/conquest/l3-716-4-76-6