watchguy74

Timex Champagne 1965 Marlin

I have this Marlin with a Champagne dial I'm being told Timex didn't make this dial and was probably discolored from age. But I'm thinking they did as I have seen a few over the years with this dial can anyone confirm this thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

e50d747bff3065b6c237a6ab3bee4f81.jpg0eccfd653e9864dbbe6cba69105f8caa.jpg

I've heard this effect called 'tropicalized', meaning heat has changed the color.  If this is the current term to use of if it is even a word I don't know. but it sounds interesting.   Picture yourself on the beach, the waves are rolling, the palms swaying in the breeze, a cold drink in hand... endless parade of  bikinis walking by and ..... than suddenly the calm is broken by "HEY ARE YOU STAYING AT THAT WOMAN?"....

Have a nice day!

I've heard this effect called 'tropicalized', meaning heat has changed the color.  If this is the current term to use of if it is even a word I don't know. but it sounds interesting.   Picture yourself on the beach, the waves are rolling, the palms swaying in the breeze, a cold drink in hand... endless parade of  bikinis walking by and ..... than suddenly the calm is broken by "HEY ARE YOU STAYING AT THAT WOMAN?"....
Have a nice day!

Haha..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• A vintage brass cased miniature carriage clock having porcelain panels to the sides decorated wit     https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/east-bristol-auctions/catalogue-id-sreas10398/lot-6126c898-7b2a-464a-947e-abc800e4f0e7?utm_source=auction-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=auction-alert&utm_content=lot-image-link       Отправлено с моего SpacePhone через Tapatalk      
    • More informative of what? Normally my watch bench at home would have a sheet of plastic covering the entire bench. That's because I don't work on it a lot and it's amazing how much dust is floating around. Then typically because I don't use it that much I would just lift up the plastic work on a little section put the plastic down. But last time I took the plastic off that was a big mistake it's amazing how much dust exists in the universe. Then there was the boss at work he had some silly idea that I should take all my watches home and work on them there. So the space to the right normally would have all sorts of stuff piled in a nice un-organized pile along with the witschi timing machine for quartz watches which of all had to relocate someplace else. Now this gives me a staging area for the work watches. Normally I like a very very clean bench. The picture is not a clean bench in my mind at all but it's a lot cleaner than it was. Then there was a minor rearrangement of stuff in the very back. That so the Chinese 1000 machine now has a home. It can sit next to the witschi timing machine. Then for those paying attention in the far corner is a paper tape timing machine Conveniently hiding under its plastic cover at least it doesn't have dust. Then even if the bench was clean it still not quite right in that I'm missing my power supply for working on quartz watches. That had to relocate the work because they didn't have a suitable power supply for working on Electric watches.So that man's a lot of miscellaneous tools that should be at work or sitting in the living room. But for the most part none of them would've been on top of the bench I really do like a super clean bench unlike this one. So now I need to finish a few projects on top and then think about whatever is it's lurking to the right of me that I'm trying to not pay attention to.  
    • Bergeon tool must be nice to have, penetrating oil before any physical approach helps. Alum disloves the screw and wont hurt the base metal.
    • Ideally the best would be to have a cleaning machine with ultrasonic Build in. Then you just put the watch in the basket to put in the machine you push the button and it beeps at you to come and get it. As I'm using little wire baskets with lids that I have a wire attached to the basket so I have something to hold onto. The wire itself has a benefit of any of the bigger parts are on the wire so they're out in the open everything Chinese in the baskets. Then when I'm playing with moving the fluids around I just lay the baskets on a paper towel. It worked fine at home I'm not into production. Although this reminds me of a very long time ago working in a shop that had an ancient three jar manual cleaning machine. So we put the parts into the metal baskets which went in a beaker in the ultrasonic machine. Then when it came out it would go into the ancient machine and its spin it off and then you go into the rinse. Kind of the best of both worlds  
    • Update: I was able to get it off with the nut and glue trick. I also heated it slightly with a blowdryer. The gasket had basically turned to glue in the back. In the midst of service as we speak!