166.026 omega case

gary17

Hey

i have been looking for hands for a omega cal 565 i have just finished. (the ones on it are shoddy)

I went to cousins and they require the cal and the case number

Cal 565

case 166.026

It finds the cal but then states no case number 166.026 on database..

usually says obsolete.

Which seems strange.

Is this the wrong case for the cal 565?

Is it a fake case.

Or is it that rare cousins have not heard of it?

I have put pics up.

IMG_20200206_211205.jpg

IMG_20200206_211212.jpg

IMG_20200206_211240.jpg

Yes I know this isn't an overly helpful answer. Your unhelpful answer is yes that is the case number.  So for instance if you go to the first link and could figure out which of the two watches is yours the one that I picked is wrong because the movements wrong. Then you get a number like this ST 166.0263. Then take that number to cousins you get a PDF of case parts unfortunately not your case parts. This is the frustration I've always had with omega numbers it's a case number of but trying to figure out what omega really thinks the numbers supposed to be to look up the parts can be a challenge. Somewhere in the universe there should be a cross reference Of the actual case back numbers to whatever number you are supposed to use to look up case parts.

https://www.omegawatches.com/vintage-watches?reference=166.026

https://www.blackbough.co.uk/product/omega-seamaster-cosmic-ref-166-026-steel-vintage-wristwatch-circa-1969-wwoscas/

I searched the Omega vintage database (linked above) with just the cal number and it offered 166.0026 as a case option.  Thee are no images, but this also works on Cousins’ site as a combination.

You may need to Google some images to confirm, but I’m sure I’ve come across this leading zero issue before with Omega case numbers

• Like 1