Eight Day Clock

Vincent

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is known as an 8 day goliath travelling watch. If the escapement is a leaver escapement and the full train is jewelled it is of good quality. I have never seen one where the barrel is jewelled. They were mass produced so it's highly unlikely that a watch makers name would be on the movement. I can't see what's on the dial of yours, sometimes the shop that sold the item would have their name put on the dial for advertising. The travel case is I would think silver, I would say there should be a hallmark somewhere, if so you can get a good idea of the date. If it is a really top of the range the watch case will also be silver. The dial is white enamel. If yours has no cracks or blemishes you are very lucky, as I've seen so many that have even had large pieces of the enamel missing. I can tell you the hands look correct and I would think original. Some of these movements are silvered so if you are going to take it to pieces and clean it be very careful so you don't remove the silver coating.  

• Like 1