Is it worth repairing this Quartz watch (Newbie question)

Kalico

I've come here looking for answers,  because I'd hate to throw out a watch (or anything) that might still have life.

I have two watches that confound me.  One is a Reactor and the other an Accurist.  Both Quartz and bought because I liked the look of them and the deal I got on them.  But neither were super-expenisve.  Doesn't mean they need to become bin fodder if I can repair.

Both were running and just had new batteries in (yes, the correct size and I've tested the batteries with a multimeter to make sure they are circa 1.5V)

First, the Reactor:  After the new battery, it runs and keeps time.  However, if I pull out the crown to adjust the time, it will not re-start when I push it back in.  If I subsequently remove and re-insert the battery again, it starts running.  I've replicated this numerous times as at first I thought I was imagining it.  Of course, I can (and have) set the time then connect the battery.  That's fine, but I sure am puzzled about what it might be.

Second, the Accurist:  Opened the back to find the battery had leaked (seems not uncommon.  (Maybe my supply).  After replacing the battery it refuses to start.  I've tried other batteries and still no luck.  It was sub GBP100 so I want to ask you if it is even worth trying to repair?  If it is, what should I look at?  Or should I just take it to a repair shop?

Thanks for all advice and hopefully I don't get too berated for what might be ludicrously 'new/stupid' questions.

Hi K  Firstly to give accurate information it is useful to know the make and calibre of the modules so a photograph of the back of the modules is always a help, have a close look at the back plates you may see a name  ie Miyota and a number 2N50,or 2030or ,2035 that way we know what it is. The reactor could possibly be,  The stop switch is initialed when the stem is pulled stopping the mech, If the mech is dirty or sticky it will be reluctant to start. Fiddling about removing the battery then re inserting it may be just enough to jog it into life. so I suspect a dirty mech...   The accurist has had a battery leak this could have damaged the negative tongue and or the circuit contacts  as the material is highly corrosive salts. The only way is to strip down the mech and check and clean everything and re build and try again. Knowing the make and caliber we may be able to get hold of the tech sheets for you.

Wow guys, this is fantastic to get such considered responses.  Thank you.

I will get a photo of the back of them both as soon as possible.  I have to say, being new to this, that there doesn't look much on them that is servicable, but that's to the naked eye so maybe I have a lot to learn.  I certainly have to get a magnifying glass on them!

Back sonnest, thanks again.