Royal Institution Christmas Lectures

Anyone catch the 1st of this year's three Royal Institution lectures last night? I was busy playing but I caught up just now on the BBC iPlayer.

Great stuff - the Shell building on the South Bank lit up and used as a giant games screen. I remember seeing one on black & white TV many, many years ago - Sir Lawrence Bragg demonstrating nuclear fission with a hundreds of tennis balls set on mousetraps on a snooker table. He threw in one ball and the whole table exploded in a mass of balls as one trap set off another. Also great stuff.

Some years later, I was on a college visit to the R.I. and there was Sir Lawrence, drinking tea in the cafeteria and chatting away to us all. My memorable moment was standing in front of the table in the original old lecture theatre - where Michael Faraday stood - and looking up at the ranks of seating. Just wish I'd had my guitar with me!

Hi Will,

I believe I can but I would not be able to get the programmes since I'm not in UK.

I believe it is Geo's fault since BBC uses Geo-IP...just kidding Geo! :)  Seriously, their GPS IP locator (or whatever, they do call it GEO-IP) won't allow to download outside of UK. Pity because it (they?  = 3 ) would be a very interesting lecture.

Thank you for asking and If you know of any other way, please let me know, I'm interested.

Cheers,

Bob