Regency 17 Jewels watch repair

Hi Folks, 

I am writing to you on behalf of a friend who doesn't use computers etc, but is quite a watch and clock collector/enthusiast. He has a Regency 17 Jewels watch, that he says something is wrong with the winding spring in it. He is looking for another watch that he can use to replace the faulty bit. He says the jeweler was unable to repair the watch without this part, which he didn't have. Pictures below. Any advice or suggestions? Kind Regards. 

Regency watch 2.jpg

Regency watch.jpg

Thank you folks for replying  :) . My friend is going to get back in touch with the jeweler to find out exactly what the name is of the part(s) that needs replacing, is. I guess we (he) should have lead with that. Before clapping eyes on his watch's internal workings, i've barley ever worked on anything like a watch (looks pretty fascinating - tho i somehow doubt he'll let me do a maiden voyage on this watch :lol:). I apologise if i have wasted anybody's time, it was not intentional, rather a learning curve. If we do get the name of the part(s) needed, would it be ok to mention them here, and see if/where we could get it/them? 

• Thanks 1

No problem, No bother. do a search on the bay. vintage mens 17 jewel watch  , thousands will pop up.look through them ,you will find what you need.Alternately you could try speedtimerkollektion.I would tell you to get a whole movement that is sold as needing service. I t will be cheaper and easier than buying one piece at a time.

• Thanks 1