grease the gasket?

I am in the process of casing up a 2824 clone movement.  The case I am using has a screw down crown & case back.  I have a question regarding the case back gasket.

Once I get the case back gasket in place and am ready to screw on the case back, should I first apply some sort of grease to the gasket?  For some reason I think that is something I'm suppose to do, but I honestly don't know why I think that.

Hi      the answer is yes greasing the gasket makes a water/moisture tight seal keeping the water/ moisture out. all it needs is a smear on the gasket.  there are recommended greases for the job I use silicone grease rubbed on the fingers to warm it up then put it on the gasket had no problems with that over many years.

• Like 1

Hi      the answer is yes greasing the gasket makes a water/moisture tight seal keeping the water/ moisture out. all it needs is a smear on the gasket.  there are recommended greases for the job I use silicone grease rubbed on the fingers to warm it up then put it on the gasket had no problems with that over many years.

I do the same with Seiko silicone grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro