JerseyMo

Timex Monroe

I have been working on some of my older pieces and today chose this 1953 Monroe.

3 step ultra sonic cleaning, lube, grease, polish and even a new old stock crystal.  Running like a champ.

Also show with an advert from the era and an original copy of the letter Timex sent out to service shops.

This letter accompanied the 1961 service manual and registered the shop for future service publications.

DSC09900.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

DSC09899.JPG

I'm sure I have a very similar movement in my "to do later" pile. The one I have is a local lad though. A Dundee special. I also have a couple of autowinders that need a little of that precious ingredient "spare time" lavished on them, also from the home of the Beano and the Dandy. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• If the clock has a lack of oil say the platform, you will find it will not preform, as it should do no matter what you do. It is such a delicate and vital part it has to be in tiptop condition for it to work correctly, 
    • Caliber is generally engraved next to the ballance wheel.
    • You said it gains about a minute every 24 hours, I see the beat adjustment lever (the one that is bent downward over the back plate) is pushed to one side, this lever will advance or retract the beat therefore speeding the clock up or slowing it down. Also check to see if the balance spring is free in the slot of this lever if not it may be putting too much tension on the spring. Just so you know, the closer the slot end of the lever is to the end of the spring (where the taper pin holds it) the slower the clock will run.
    • It's very difficult to provide help without pictures. From the information you've provided, I can tell you that Omega pocket watch with movement number 5,694,216 would have been made between 1916 and 1923. The 15 jewels and 2 adjustments would align with these dates as well. I do not know what "Fortune" or the other number mean. Here is a picture of a watch made in the same time period...does your movement look like this?
    • Hi Andy,  The link introduces/defines Thermodynamic which is the study of heat energy conversion to work and vice versa. It is about transformation of energy. One form of energy (heat) transforming into another form ( work) and not concerned with transfer of heat, from hot to cold. Understanding the nature of heat and the mechanism heat transfers from hot source to cold, is a key len33 is prepared to use. His question shows him ready to absorb the concept. Regards joe