Vintage Roamer with an odd name...

So I bought this watch off an auction site for $15. The reason I bought it was the description said that it was 36 millimeters in diameter. I like the size of that watch and was interested in this watch because of the name as well, Verdad. I did a little research and could not find anything other than a Spanish translation which Loosely means truth. I'm assuming that this was either a jewelry house or a custom order.

When I received the watch the MST 352 Roamer movement was very dirty on the bridge side. Once I removed the dial I found the keyless works rusted beyond repair. I found a very nice replacement MST 352 movement on the bay and installed it instead. I would have much rather kept the original movement but the previous or original owner had engraved His Name Across the bridges! Ugh!. 

The dial was corroded and Beyond cleaning so I decided to refinish the dial myself. I stripped the dial down to Bare brass and hand Silvered it as is done with clock dial. I also created a new printing plate in the Bauhaus Style and printed the dial. All in all I think it turned out pretty good!

$_3 (8).JPG

IMG_20170525_182840134.jpg

IMG_20170525_195417654.jpg

$_3 (7).JPG

$_3 (9).JPG

IMG_20170518_155053033_HDR.jpg

Edited by DJW
Multiple words
  • Like 3