A book for Christmas?

I've just read a review of a book which I think has only recently been published - title "The Wristwatch Handbook" by Ryan Schmidt.

Perhaps I can throw out a few hints and land myself a nice xmas gift? 

Anyone aware of this book? If so what's the assessment and is it worth the many $$?

Cheers. 

Good idea. I have also read it at ablogtowatch,....seems like a very interesting book with a great deal of technical illustrations. I don't think it's a lot of money for this huge stack of info and illustrations as they will help a beginner to understand the technical side of mechanical watches.

8 hours ago, Clicoon said:

Anyone aware of this book? If so what's the assessment and is it worth the many $$?

I read authors website http://thewristwatchhandbook.com/about/

Seems to be geared, (pardon the pun) toward high end watches and complications, not a bad thing, but if your just starting out, there are other alternatives:

Watch Repair for Beginners: An Illustrated How-To Guide for the Beginner Watch Repairer

Watch Repairing as a Hobby: An Essential Guide for Non-Professionals Hardcover – 18 Oct 2012
by

D W Fletcher (Author)

I'm not trying to discourage you, by all means if you think you can benefit from it, then put it on your list. I have never see an ALange &Sohne in person, chances are, unless I find one in the street I doubt I ever will, so understanding how it works would not benefit me at all. That's just me :)