Latest Incoming Project : Chrono

I'm a sucker for vintage chronographs, here's another one to work on and add to my collection.

From the looks of it it needs a new mainspring. Never worked on this movement before, its a valjoux 92. Looking forward to working on it :)

e17554e847f789622e68472f63e8d52d.jpg

I came across an O&W chrono with Valjoux 92 via a friends garage drawer!!!  Had only just started dabling in watches at the time so didn't want to take it on and persuaded him to sell on ***y and it eventually fetched nearly £300!   It needed some work like, new minute counter wheel and hand, stem, bezel etc.  Wish I'd blagged it from him now!

I believe O&W (Ollech & Wajs) bought all the original Heuer stock when they went bust.

I read a book by Donald de Carle called Complicated Watches and Their Repair which I believe used the Valjoux 92 as his representative movement.  Certainly there were some good tips in it, especialy what screws NOT to unscrew/move!!  I borrowed it from my local library!

post-272-0-50433700-1415038135_thumb.jpgpost-272-0-04664400-1415038165_thumb.jpgpost-272-0-65471400-1415038184_thumb.jpgpost-272-0-91031200-1415038201_thumb.jpg

Edited by canthus

• 1 month later...

Lovely looking watch jnash.

Make sure you take heaps of pics while your stripping and assembling mate. 

......You know Bobm12 and me need our fix :startle: , and I'm starting to think Geo is an addict as well: he's starting to show all the symptoms.

Lovely looking watch jnash.

Make sure you take heaps of pics while your stripping and assembling mate. 

......You know Bobm12 and me need our fix :startle: , and I'm starting to think Geo is an addict as well: he's starting to show all the symptoms.

Ill post the full works on my blog when i get a sec.. loving the watch at the moment...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.