You need to unscrew here (blue arrow) to remove plate (red arrow) slide the plate out and you can then take off the oscillating weight. Some might not have that screw, so you need to use a small screwdriver blade to get under the plate to remove it. With no screw be careful not to bend that plate out of shape.  

PUW_1360.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Thanks oldhippy!  I got it apart!  Am now cleaning it.  On a slightly different subject, I took out the mainspring to clean and lubricate it.  Being an automatic watch it has one of those added on tails that slip.  Do'n't have much experience with them.  Anything I need to know before I put the mainspring back into the barrel?  I'm gonna lubricate the barrel rim with a mixture of graphite and heavy watch oil, a la Henry Fried.  Anything else I need to consider?  Thanks again, Doug

You need to unscrew here (blue arrow) to remove plate (red arrow) slide the plate out and you can then take off the oscillating weight. Some might not have that screw, so you need to use a small screwdriver blade to get under the plate to remove it. With no screw be careful not to bend that plate out of shape.  

PUW_1360.jpg

Thanks!,